Since its inception, DWFritz Automation has been producing brilliant automation solutions for our clients. Four decades later, the market demand for automation combined with our world-class practices and cutting-edge technology has made DWFritz a leading provider in the field of automation.
One thing that hasn’t changed at DWFritz is our focus on our core values, which define how we collaborate across our U.S. and China facilities and how we promote innovation and openness to deliver solutions we can be proud of.
Our continued mission is to be a Great Place to Work, with structured activities to interact across teams, develop your skills, make an impact, and celebrate wins! If you are considering a new opportunity, we encourage you to check us out.
Responsible for the mechanical design and performance of complex custom automated equipment from concept through release, manufacturing, customer acceptance, installation and customer follow-up.
- Develop innovative designs that meet or exceed customer's requirements and expectations.
- Prepare design concepts in a team environment.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage of development.
- Select cost effective, reliable design components and coordinate with purchasing for timely delivery.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of accurate bills of materials.
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up.
- Design and detail components and assemblies as related to the manufacture and assembly of custom automation equipment.
- Design and detail component parts and assemblies to meet the specific needs of each internal department and design intent specifications.
- Create 2D drawings and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for system release.
- Perform Self Check and Peer Review of drawings and BOMs prior to release to ensure accuracy.
- Execute revisions to BOMs and drawings per redlines and feedback from Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Analyze tolerance stacks of assemblies for capability of assembly and fabrication.
- Active member of development team; willingness to work with other internal and external customers.
- Hands-on involvement and desire to verify fit and function of design intent.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use CAD systems such as SolidWorks to create drawings highly desired.
- GAMP 5 experience preferred.
- Ability to use PC’S to do conventional word processing, navigate the Internet, and utilize internal systems for drawing access, component tracking, email, etc.
- Ability to perform from oral or handwritten instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Physical capabilities include sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 20 lbs.
Your Education and Experience
- BSME or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of recent machine design required.
- Familiarity with machine control systems and experience with pneumatic systems.
- 3D solid modeling CAD expertise (SolidWorks or AutoDesk Inventor) with application of GD&T principles.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DWFritz is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, the company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, uniformed service or any other consideration protected by federal state and local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee.
DWFritz is not currently sponsoring work visas for this role. Authorization to work in the U.S. is required to be considered.