This role will provide technical leadership for the production team. Responsibilities include providing documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing and quality methods, tooling, and equipment. Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
Essential Responsibilities:Key responsibilities include:
- Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
- Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification. Responsible for determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance.
- Develop new process and workstation designs to reduce cycle time and support the lean manufacturing initiative.
- Monitor and improve productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
- Troubleshoot production and packaging equipment
- Provide Technical support
- Specify and expedite planned maintenance routines on all production equipment and systems
- Co-ordination of manufacturing releases
- Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
- Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
- Provide safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations. Assure that corrective action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns in all areas.
1. B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 3 years experience or Associates Degree and 5 years experience or High School diploma with 7 years of experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting of PC/server based systems
2. Understanding of IT QA and testing procedures
3. Good analytical and planning skills
Desired Characteristics:Preferred Qualifications:
1. M.S. Degree in Engineering or Business
2. Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices.
3. Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity
4. Previous Project Experience
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
United States; Wisconsin; West Milwaukee
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.