Calibration Technician (Metrologist)
About Us: Marsh is proud Canadian company working for the past 30 years. We provide ISO 17025 and Traceable calibration of Test & Measurement instrumentation in our Laboratory and at our Customer locations. Our Calibration & Service Department is offering an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to an energetic, highly motivated, and organized professional. You should be an Instrumentation/Electrical Technician, Technologist or Engineer with a strong background in calibration and service of instruments. Our accredited scope of Calibration covers the disciplines of Electrical, Electronic, Dimensional, Pressure, Torque, Temperature and much more. Experience with calibrating various instruments and gauges for the above disciplines is required.
- Create and implement calibration and repair procedures as needed.
- Perform on-site calibrations independently.
- Carry out bench-level calibration and repairs of Test Measurement & Diagnostic Instruments. Including electromechanically, pneumatic and hydraulic gauges.
- Provide a superior level of customer support.
- Provide technical expertise to support Operations, Quality and Sales.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must have at least 5 years of calibration experience.
- Experience in using computers and Microsoft programs such as excel, word, outlook.
- A solid understanding of the theory of metrology and traceable calibration.
- Experience with standard industry test and measurement equipment and the uses of such equipment.
- Familiarity with certification and documentation such as ISO 9001:2008 and ISO/IEC 17025.
- Experience with software Fluke MetCal and IndySoft Gauge Insite considered a bonus.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains good housekeeping and proper care and handling of all instruments and equipment.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and access to an automobile.
- Ability to travel, as required (limited travel required and predominantly in the Greater Toronto Area including limited extended travel)
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
Marsh offers an excellent remuneration package with full benefits.
- University Degree or Diploma/Certificate
- Test Measurement & Diagnostic Equipment (TM&DE) Calibration: 5 years
Required license or certification:
Reference ID: Metrologist 04-2021
Expected start date: 2021-04-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- 1. When are you available for initial phone interview.
2.How many years of calibration experience do you have?
3. What types of (DUT's) equipment have you calibrated?
4. What calibration standards have you used to calibrate.
5. What is your salary range or required hourly rate range.
6. What is your available start date.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place