Internal Requisition: ENGIN01281
At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
Provide engineering services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for design, specifications, plans, maps, project schedule and budgets
- Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
- Responsible for contracts, scope of services, and budgets
- Provide coordination of contractors
- Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
- Instruct, train and mentor group members
- Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
- Utilize effective written and oral communication
- May respond to RFPs and lead interviews
- May prepare forecast of workload and monitor backlog
- May be responsible for workgroup financials and quality goals
- May market to existing or potential clients and obtain work
- May serve as a project engineer, project manager, or client manager and provide overall project oversight
- May have supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
- Public involvement may include reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material
- A four-year degree in engineering or a related field is required
- Experience level is a minimum of 4+ years
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Project management experience is preferred
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 80% of the time spent in the office and 20% in the field.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US, without employer-sponsorship. KLJ does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas and does not participate in any OPT training program.
Job Type: Full-time