Lake Superior Consulting, LLC, a Shawcor Company, headquartered in Duluth, MN, is a team consisting of Engineers, Technicians and Support Specialists committed to providing a premier level of service to our customers in the pipeline industry. We provide many services to the pipeline industry, including but not limited to: Engineering Design and Project Management, Integrity Management, Welding Inspection, Coating Inspection, Survey, Quality Control, Inline Inspection, and Cathodic Protection.
LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING is currently growing at a fast pace and as part of that growth, we are seeking to fill a Mechanical Engineer III or IV (PE) position at our home office in Duluth, MN.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design of metering and interconnect facilities related to gas and liquids facilities. Projects will be multi-disciplined covering civil, mechanical, and electrical works, with a strong focus on the transmission operation side of the business. Responsible for the successful delivery of each project through management of internal staff, external contractors, financial control, and strong management of change.
- Ability to provide support in: estimating, contracting, design, construction management, integrity management, or commissioning functions for projects involving pipelines and related facilities.
- Willingness to provide technical assistance to Engineering and Operations Departments to resolve operating problems or to establish best operating practices.
- Demonstrate a strong entrepreneurial spirit and support the business in identifying additional opportunities with our clients.
- Accurately complete projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Produce details of specifications and outline designs.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Assist senior personnel in the preparation of design reports and final project reports
- Recommend modifications to senior personnel for approval.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in related Engineering field, from an accredited university
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in creating and delivery drawing sets to specific client and industry standards
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership ability
- Ability to work in group settings with a project team.
- Competency with Microsoft office suite (word, excel, outlook, etc.).
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize various engineering design software packages
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Oil/Gas experience, a plus.
- PE or ability to receive it within 12 months preferred
WHY WORK FOR LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING?
Our Growth is Your Opportunity:
We are growing across all levels and functions and expanding our regional offices. This creates opportunity for our current employees to gain new skills and take advantage of promotional opportunities. We have opportunities for all levels of people from recent graduates and professionals to technicians, empowering you to grow personally and professionally. Whether you are a technician or an engineer, whatever your career aspirations, you will see the opportunity in front of you at LSC.
Make an immediate impact:
New employees can expect to be given responsibility and are expected to bring new ideas to the table almost immediately. Your ideas and contributions will be listened to, welcomed and appreciated!
Work with industry leaders:
We are in the consulting business. Therefore, it is our knowledge that is “sold” to our clients. That said, we hire only the best. Our employees work alongside many subject matter experts and have the opportunity to learn and grow their own knowledge base by working alongside other high achievers.
Gain diverse well-rounded experiences:
Our engineering teams have the ability to work on diverse projects that are never the same. This means continuous learning and development of skills and increased knowledge base.
Promotion from within:
A culture that values our employees’ contributions and awards those who step up through promotional opportunities. Many of our employees have been able to assume leadership roles early in their careers through demonstrated hard work and dedication. Molding your own career path is a common theme amongst our team members.
We have a culture that supports playing to our peoples’ strengths and empowering them to make decisions. Our leadership values an entrepreneurial approach to achieving success, solving problems and supporting our clients.
* Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
* Tuition reimbursment
* 401k (6% match)
* Company paid life, AD & D, and short/long term disability
* Paid time off (PTO)
*Paid holidays (twelve per year)
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance