Make a lasting impact! Be part of a team that brings together leading missile defense industry experts to help guide the future of the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA’s) ballistic and hypersonic Missile Defense System (MDS). National Team-Engineering (NT-E) is MDA’s one-stop shop for systems engineering reach-back into the major companies that build the essential elements of the MDS. Systems engineers on the National Team are helping to define the future systems that will protect the United States, its friends and allies for generations to come.
The national team is seeking a Reliability, Maintainability Engineer – BMDS Integration and Test Synthesis to perform the following tasks:
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture as part of the Integration, Verification and Test (IVT) Product Team
- Support the NT-E Reliability and Maintainability team goals and objectives and will be required to perform R&M assessments of complex repairable systems including: Development of Monte Carlo simulations to simulate failures, repairs, logistics delays and missile raids; analyzing failure data to assess reliability and maintainability; performing reliability growth projections; and probability distribution curve fitting
- Engage with industry partners to influence design concepts for reliability and coordinate with other teams to accomplish the verification of BMDS requirements; identify reliability design standards and practices for implementation on product development; prepare technical reports; compile technical data for briefings and present technical results to a broad variety of audiences
- This position is in Huntsville, AL.
- DOD SECRET Clearance (Interim or Final)
- Strong statistical analysis background; Familiarity with Monte Carlo simulation modeling tools; experience performing reliability and maintainability analysis on large scale aerospace or defense products;
- Experience modeling and tracking reliability growth; demonstrated ability to prepare effective technical presentations that justify the validity and precision of the simulation results.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
National Team employees may have the opportunity to work on a variety of specialized projects based on their backgrounds. The following skills are desirable, but not required to be considered a strong candidate for this position. If you have experience in one or more of the topics listed below, please note it on your resume:
- Reliability engineering experience applying principles and practices on large scale aerospace or defense products; experience performing software reliability assessments;
- Experience with Excel macro creation and usage.
- Education: Degree and experience in an engineering classification, mathematics or physics: Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.