NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A.) is now hiring for a Database Developer based in our manufacturing facility in Sissonville, WV. This position will report to our IT Operations Supervisor while working with the IT team to support all areas of the business for NGK.
NGK drives innovation by honoring its commitment to integrity, perseverance and unity among its employees — from the executive suite to the factory line. With over 80 years of automotive expertise, we are driven by extreme dedication to performance and quality. From OEM to aftermarket, our people push the boundaries of innovation to bring the latest technologies to market under the NGK and NTK brands.
Why Work for NGK
We offer a competitive wage/bonus structure and a full suite of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, paid vacation/holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more. With the opportunity for flexible work arrangements, employee wellness activities, internal advancement and leadership training, NGK invests in the well-being and growth of its employees. Associates of NGK are afforded the ability to "Ignite your Spirit".
This position will administer and maintain applications/development as required utilizing Visual Basic and MBC. This person would also support SQL Database administration. A key function will also be to assist in Microsoft O365 SharePoint and Teams development utilizing Power Automate. Key areas of focus are Microsoft SQL DB management utilizing built-in tools, Database maintenance, DB backups. Creating DB’s with Visual Basic front ends. Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and servers is required.
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
- Develop, maintain and document special applications required by business
- Creating End-User queries and reporting
- Microsoft Power App development
- Work with Business Units to enhance business processes and through automation
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users;
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database in outline;
- Considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS;
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to Security policies as it relates to development, testing, and production.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Controlling access permissions and privileges;
- Support/modifications of existing Databases
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up, and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
- Capacity planning;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Out of normal schedule hours will be required to perform maintenance on production systems, devices, and equipment.
- Maintain disaster recovery plan;
- Understand/comply with QMS policy/procedures;
- Understand/comply with EMS policy/procedures;
- Adhere to safety policy/procedures.
- Undergraduate or Associate Degree preferred in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Combination of post-secondary education and/or previous work experience to 5 years required in database administration
- Experience in Azure cloud- SQL and data lakes, SharePoint, O365, and Microsoft PowerApps will be given preference.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sissonville, WV 25320: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Database administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- Database development: 3 years (Preferred)