POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing engineering technical support to production. Emphasis is on supporting initial design prototypes and engineer-directed modifications with continued support throughout production process as needed. Carries major responsibility for input on manufacturability of product and development and implementation of new processes as required. Development and implementation of automated/robotic processes wherever possible. Must work effectively with Engineering, QA, Production and Operations personnel.
- Provides shop floor coverage as assigned including satisfying the technical needs of the customer
- Specifies and develops tools (fabrication, gaging, test fixtures, etc.) required to perform the methods and provides accurate tool design to construct these tools
- Oversees maintenance of fixtures (clamping fixtures, temperature compensation racks, etc.)
- Provides operations instructions that clearly describe the method of operation and meets existing process control requirements
- Develops visual workmanship standards and key procedures
- Interfaces with design engineers to initiate changes for solutions to production problems or inspection report dispositions; provides input to changes initiated by others including review of designs for manufacturability and cost estimations
- Investigates, recommends, justifies, and implements new equipment purchases.
- Provides technical training to manufacturing personnel in the processes and equipment that are implemented; provides direction as needed to other technicians, supervisors.
- Develops and implements work cells whenever possible including equipment selection and justification, layout development and facilities adjustments
- Provides technical support for vendor tooling, vendor ratings, and solving process problems
- Controls and updates equipment maintenance system for calibration of production equipment
- Performs root cause analysis and implements corrective action for non-conforming parts, dispositions, and assemblies
- Periodically checks and/or audits equipment to ensure safety
- Performs special assignments and provides other related production support as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Knowledge of SolidWorks
- Tooling Design Experience Required
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with medium volume process automation
- Experience with automated process line development
- Neat and organized in all work habits
- Able to accurately maintain electronic and hardcopy records of all processes and transactions
- Willing and able to follow written and verbal instructions and comply with existing standards and procedures
- Carries on non-routine communications using tact and persuasion as appropriate.
- Independent judgment and discretion are required
- Interpersonal skill is needed to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and across department lines.
- Able to manage both processes and people effectively
- Proactive identifies, recommends, and implements process improvements following approval
- BS/BA in Manufacturing Engineering
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and a drug screen
We are a drug and alcohol free work place, pre-employment screening required. EOE M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
About Interface, Inc.
Interface, Inc. leads the world in force measurement solutions; designing, manufacturing, and we guarantee the highest quality performance load cells, torque transducers, multi-axis sensors, and related instrumentation available. Our plant includes corporate offices, state of the art manufacturing facility, accredited calibration laboratory and multi-faceted machine shop.
Our engineering team provides force measurement solutions to the aerospace, automotive, energy, factory automation, medical which includes the test and measurement industries as well. Interface products can measure from grams to millions of pounds in hundreds of models and physical sizes. By maintaining the entire process, from design, machining, strain gage manufacturing and assembly, and in our own facilities, we can ensure the highest degree of performance possible.
Our reach and influence is global as the preeminent force measurement solutions supplier to Fortune 100 companies worldwide, including Boeing, Airbus, NASA, Ford, GM, Johnson & Johnson, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and National Metrology Institute of Germany (PTB) and thousands of certified calibration labs. Our in-house calibration labs, certified to ISO-17025 and ANSI Z540.1, support a variety of test standards including ASTM E74, ISO-376, and many others.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scottsdale, AZ 85260: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Please list 2-3 dates/times you are available for a quick screen call from our recruiter.
- What is your desired pay?
Work Location: One location