Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for systems test execution activities and a significant level of back end testing for systems implementation and O&M software development projects.
- Perform analysis and review of system requirements for automation as well as manual test designing and preparation, participate in peer reviews, test data determination and preparation, test execution, and assist with UAT and Production support.
- Participate in white/gray box testing required for web services and microservices testing.
- Involved with performing POC for new tools under the guidance of the Sr Engineers/Managers.
- Participate during the collaboration with the business stakeholders to begin initial test automation or back-office preparation requirements.
- Participate in the business requirements reviews and anomaly reporting.
- Analyze business process flows and begin preparing the test scenarios and scripts.
- Assist test lead determine use of white/gray box testing methods and tools depending on the business requirements.
- Work with the systems analysts and the project team during the analysis phase to ensure there is a clear understanding of the present and future solution(s).
- Define test scenarios and automation scripts that support the solution(s) to the business requirements. Participate in project peer reviews and/or conduct test artifact peer reviews to ensure that test methodologies are followed and the test scenario and automation scripts supports the scoped changes.
- Work with the project team during the planning and prioritizing of release scope.
- Assist test lead with preparation/set up of the tool for white/gray box testing depending on the system requirements.
- Support the project team during requirement management activities by reviewing the test scenarios and scripts based on requirement updates and providing feedback to the project team.
- Adhere to change management procedures for the test artifacts.
- Participate during the development led design phase to ensure that the test scenarios and scripts and the designs continue to support each other.
- Generate test scripts that support the solution(s) and maintain a high level of product coverage. Create test cases using MMS practices and tools.
- Work with the analyst team to clarify use cases and/or requirements and acceptance criteria. Actively participate in test artifact peer reviews and process anomalies to closure.
- Assist test lead with creation of test scripts for white/gray box testing depending on the system requirement.
- Assist test lead to ensure environment is ready for white/gray box testing.
- Assist test lead with any shell scripting or customization of tools to create/modify files for interface testing.
- Participate in and/or lead the test readiness activities.
- Participate in project peer reviews to ensure that test artifacts support the scoped changes.
- Conduct final test artifact peer reviews and finalize test material for the software defects and enhancements. Process anomalies to closure.
- Work with the project team to prepare data sets and pre-requisites for the test cases and automated tests.
- Participate in the test readiness review and ensure that all action items are addressed.
- Execute assigned test cases and automation and log issues and defects.
- Provide test status and escalate issues to management.
- Ensure that every JIRA is complete and contains detailed and accurate information.
- Execution of test scripts for white/gray box testing.
- Actively participate in issue triage sessions by evaluating against existing functionality and help the project team determine outcome and priority. Update JIRA with triage results.
- Assist with Production Support by helping the project team troubleshoot issues.
- Assist with data preparation and Jobs/backend activities needed to support UAT.
- Identify, communicate, and track risks and issues.
- Report availability and status to team and take action where appropriate.
- Provide estimates and log actual hours based on the project procedures.
- Maintain JIRAs to include all new and updated information.
- Responsible for accurate requirements traceability throughout the release cycle.
- Adhere to the MAXIMUS standards and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned.
Project Specific Details:
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining all network, and server infrastructure both hardware and virtualized (including AWS/ Azure / Google)
- Provide design guidance and insights on data and voice network design
- Perform maintenance on network, server and virtualized systems.
- Experience with both data center (hosted) and cloud environments ( AWS/ AZURE/ GOOGLE) including hybrid cloud deployments
- Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel as a team lead.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.