Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Field Engineer provides engineering services to support both new and existing customers. The primary focus is to provide application knowledge and technical support to targeted product and service initiatives, market segments, and key customers. Plant visits and customer training are a regular function of the position. The Field Engineer will develop, design, and provide fluid handling solutions to specific customer needs and specifications through project support or onsite troubleshooting as part of evaluation and advisory services. This position can be located in Winnipeg, Manitoba or in Grand Prairie, Alberta.
- Drive sales of targeted products and services
- Perform evaluations of customer fluid systems to identify areas of improvement, drive plant efficiencies, and offer possible solutions via formal reports.
- Select and recommend products into specific customer applications.
- Provide training and technical support on products and applications.
- Develop plans and implement activities to support the operating and strategic business plans.
- Identify the changing application needs for new products and existing products while providing feedback for improvements to products or services.
- Provide assistance for specific Marketing initiatives.
- Drive the growth of our the Custom Solutions (assembly and fabrication service) through field work with our customers, collaboration with our sales team, and consultation with our CS Techs
- Support the sales model through identifying customer needs, providing technical support, and configuring solutions.You will use creative mechanical skills and product knowledge to identify solutions.Your activities will be geared around predetermined strategic growth initiatives developed by Sales Leadership.
- Work flow management, and follow-up activities from field work, including:
- Capturing key activities from field work in CRM using call reports and or opportunity management including specific targeted capabilities of areas of growth, dollar amount, value of opportunity, action items, next steps required and clearly identifying who is responsible with dates of completion.
- Custom Solutions (CS) Project Management including solution definition and configuration, compliance (quality, regulatory and customer requirements), fulfillment (production output) and collaboration between Sales and Operations.
- Provide technical service based working knowledge to support inside technical service
- Work closely with Sales and Operations Leadership to clearly understand CS workload and need for support and training
- Developing and maintaining an extensive knowledge of Swagelok products and services, growing awareness of customer applications, and the ability to effectively communicate and train others, are essential to success in this position.
- Continuous improvement in education & training and professional/personal development,in alignment with company programs.
- Bachelor Degree required, in mechanical engineering or science related field
- 3 or more years of technical experience in engineering processes is preferred (i.e., fluid controls, process / analytical instrumentation, alternative fuels, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience training both internal and external customers, is preferred
- Through an applications engineering effort, be able to understand customer applications and develop/provide fluid handling solutions to specific customer needs and specifications
- Skilled in interpreting and understanding customer applications in order to develop P&ID and fluid schematics
- Proficiency with MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CRM system. Experience with SAP would be beneficial.
- Ability to solve complex problems and complete multiple projects using problem solving methods to make sound engineering decisions.Able to identify and assess new opportunities.Strong oral and written communication.
Key Performance Measures:
- Achieve targeted growth of new business to support sales growth
- Maintain updates in our business system in a timely manner
- Achieve individual performance and personal development objectives
- Effectively collaborate across multiple departments of the organization
Critical Skills and Competencies:
- Communication: Listening, oral presentation, written communication, public speaking skills, social acuity
- Interpersonal: Approachability, relationship builder, drive to accomplish established goals
- Leadership: Integrity, flexibility, character, self-awareness, self-control, organizational awareness, change catalyst, and possess both transactional and transformational leadership skills
- Teamwork/Collaboration: To be supportive of all company initiatives, act collaboratively with various stakeholders internal and external to the company, customer relationship orientation
- Thinking: Decisive, cognitive ability, innovative, problem-solving, solutions-oriented, effective learning style, mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Work Habits: Results oriented, attention to detail, planning and organization, strong work ethic, resilience, ability to function autonomously, work with a sense of urgency
- Compensation plan is re-evaluated annually to reinforce growth of initiatives and collaboration of teams.In addition to base salary, you will be eligible for our company performance bonus plan.
- Our territory covers Northwestern AB, Northeastern BC, MB,and SK.
Job Type: Full-time
- related: 3 years (Preferred)