· Has knowledge of the following and can understand the basics: work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, isometric views, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
· Can manage the stock for the job, anticipating needed stock for run completion. Works with the Supervisor to determine stock issues and if there are deficiencies of materials. Puts back extra stock correctly in the proper designated areas.
· Basic knowledge to progress would include the following toward set-ups: Installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
· Verifies parts during inspection to the quality check list. Communicates and Quality issues. Must understand burr and surface finish requirements. Needs to understand basic measuring techniques.
· Can change tools at the machine when basic tolerance and the finishes are not being satisfied.
· Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
· Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
· Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Manages the transition and observance from one shift to the next passing on any knowledge gained.
· Documents actions by completing production and quality logs. The data needs to be consistent and neat.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
· Manages the Chips and organizes the loss material to proper locations
· Understands the fundamentals of how the machine tool works and key components within the machine that are critical to protect the machine investment
· Maintains the application knowledge on our repeat production parts and can pass on the quality requirements without assistance of the quality engineer
· Works with the application engineering to make minor changes to the parts to satisfy the overall needs of the customer
· Can facilitate and direct operators for questions and concerns
· Positive role model for organization
· Meets with the supervisor daily to assist in scheduling ideas and optimizations
· Takes on more complex parts and as the ability to trouble shoot to a positive outcome
Job Type: Full-time
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
Company's Facebook page: