- 9+ years of hands-on experience as a PostgreSQL Developer who is passionate and driven to help organizations meet their goals and obtain full value from their technology investments.
- Experienced supporting full system development life cycle. Worked with 10g, 11g and 12c databases and PostgreSQL administration.
- Having good experience in Database Administration for Production support, Installation, Configuration,
- Upgrades, Patches, Migration, backup and recovery, Cloning databases, Auditing, Space management and security.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintained detailed technical documentation of Database architecture and modeling as per business requirement.
- Provided technical assistance for preparation of shell scripts for task automation.
- Good working knowledge of DB performance monitoring tools.
- Execute established administrative procedures and controls necessary to ensure availability of the applications to its users.
- Monitoring of automated daily scheduled backup of PostgreSQL Database from AWS RDS.
- Schedule monthly Data pipeline to extract data from legacy environment to certify environment.
- Fix issues of Page breaking for firms and assigning Business opportunist to District offices on applications.
- Perform Changes to update Users locked account, password changes or business types.
- Worked with business analysis to determine changes to business annual reviews for customer’s certifications.
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/restore.
- Hands-on experience on database administration, backup recovery and troubleshooting in co-location environments.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment.
- Perform database monitoring to ensure scheduled automated procedures run successfully.
- Experience in SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
- Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels.
Job Type: Contract
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- software development: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)