Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
The major function of this position is to propose, develop and perform optimization measures for manufacturing processes, equipment and software to continuously optimize manufacturing capacity, yield rate, productivity and cost-effectiveness, as well as manage new high-technology products introductions and ensure the production testing.
This engineering opportunity involves both a hands-on position as well as the requirement to analyze, plan and steer projects in the day to day responsibilities.
1. Identifies, plans and executes initiatives or projects to improve yield and productivity improvements with TPM team, technicians and production leads. Recommend plans to invest in certain equipment to support such initiatives or projects.
2. Independently manages projects to perform equipment and software optimization
3. Coordinate and perform equipment and software validations.
4. Manage all tasks related to introduction of new products in close cooperation with R&D team.
5. Has knowledge of U.S. and foreign medical device regulations, GMP, FDA, QSR’s, ISO 9000, CE Mark and ANSI standards.
6. Supports Operations and Quality Assurance in CAPA projects and root cause analysis to investigate productivity or quality issues
7. Definition, collection and review of production data and key performance indicators to support efficiency control in production on a daily basis and for trending purposes. Reports findings on a regular basis to Operations Management and initiates initiatives and projects to improve all areas of operations
8. Trains production staff in 5S, LEAN and Six Sigma initiatives and applies those principles to daily operations
B.S. degree in Engineering (Preferably Industrial). Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience (Preferably 5 plus) in engineering tasks and managing engineering projects. Clean room experience and experience in the ophthalmic industry is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Hand on experience and technical knowledge of CNC, Lathes and Milling equipment is a plus. Under other skills I would suggest to include: Experience in LEAN Manufacturing, SIX SIGMA Analysis/projects and 5S Workplace organization
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.