Trident Research has a 20+ year history of developing, fielding, and sustaining instrumentation for the U.S. military. We are currently seeking a self-motivated and highly organized Mechanical Engineer. A positive attitude, creative personality, and problem-solving skills will ensure a successful and long-term career with an established, award winning company. Trident Research offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement program with employer match, 10 paid holidays, and paid time off.
Key job responsibilities skills:
- Design, analyze, and document mechanical components and subsystems in a collaborative environment. Ability to follow a design from conceptual design, requirements analysis, detailed design, prototyping and production.
- Generate solid models, assemblies, drawings and bill of materials using SolidWorks.
- Ability to analyze your design to gain confidence in meeting system requirements utilizing SolidWorks Simulation, hand calculations, MatLab, Excel, experiments, etc.
- Design work should be performed to address quality, cost, and schedule, including considerations for tolerance analyses and manufacturing techniques.
- Create standard design process documents such as trade studies, system requirements, process specifications, test plans and user procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize resources, often across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical information to stakeholders.
- Moderate lifting; up to 45 pounds.
- Body mobility to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.
- Domestic and international travel required (up to 15%).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical field.
- Minimum two years of experience in mechanical design.
- Minimum two years of experience using SolidWorks.
- Familiarity with ASME drafting standards.
- Experience utilizing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of mechanical manufacturing (CNC, welding, waterjet etc.).
- Minimum of four years of mechanical design experience.
- Experience performing Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Familiarity with environmental analysis and testing (shock, vibration, thermal).
- Ability to gain government clearance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $82,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off