Nexceris is actively seeking a Catalyst Product Development Engineerto accelerate its product development efforts in the area of heterogeneouscatalysis. Qualified candidates will have 3 to 5 years of relevantexperience in catalyst research and development. You will need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a demonstratedtrack record of successfully leading complicated projects. You need to be comfortable working with a fast-paced, and challengingenvironment.
Education: Ph.D. in Catalyst Science, Chemical Engineering, MaterialsScience or related discipline
OtherRequirements: U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
1. Collaborate with Nexceris’ Commercial and Government Sales teamsto grow Catalyst Business from $1M to greater than $2M annually within one yearof starting:
- Building from existing technology portfolio, transition Nexcerishydrogen generation catalyst and/or monolith support technology into acommercial demonstration program within one year
- Identify, propose and win Government funding of >$1M annually
- Lead both internal and external development initiatives
2. Serve as technical lead for Nexceris’ catalyst services business,providing technical planning, budgeting, and execution of these efforts. Thiswill require:
- Develop Catalyst Technology Portfolio for identified market needs
- Identify existing and emerging needs in the chemicals,environmental and refining industries that require high-performance catalystsolutions aligned with Nexceris competencies within 6 months
- Collaborate with the Director, Materials Science and Vice President, New Product Launch to identify promisingcustomers and develop at least three relationships with defined paths tocommercial business within 12 months
- Execute product development plans from idea generation throughconcept validation and pilot-scale demonstration to support businessopportunities. This will involve close collaboration with the MaterialsBusiness Unit.
- Protect new technologies to augment Nexceris’ IP portfolio and createvalue
3. Maximize Value of Nexceris’ Catalyst Technology Portfolio to createlong-term value and recurring revenues
- Review existing technology portfolio to rank opportunities forvalue in near, medium and long-term
- Improve manufacturing processes of current portfolio to reducecosts and increase quality of products and services
- Accelerate near- and medium-term technologies through the productdevelopment process
- Accelerate commercial catalyst service opportunities through closecollaboration with the Materials Business Unit. The successful candidate willbe responsible for providing technical support and customer engagement tosupport commercial opportunities.
- Coordinate with Nexceris’ Stage-Gate, Safety and Quality programsto assure smooth transition to production and/or technology transfer tolicensees
You will report to Nexceris’ Director, Materials Science and be responsible for the direction of projects within ourmatrix-management framework.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Lewis Center, OH 43035 (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects