The Walker Group is a Technology Consulting and Digital Marketing Firm located in Farmington, CT. We are a group of passionate professionals driven by a strong desire to care for our clients, each other, and the world we live in. Our mission is to deliver premier technology solutions and support for organizations looking to maximize the return on their technology investment. Our team works to understand each client’s unique goals and challenges and provides the customized support and advisory services necessary to help them realize those goals.
We offer traditional Managed Service Provider (MSP) services such as remote monitoring, onsite support, help desk, and managed security services. We also provide high level technology consulting (vCIO), network design and project implementation, and a full suite of digital marketing services including sales and marketing strategy development, website design and build, search engine optimization (SEO), and social media consulting.
We are committed to maintaining a strong culture of collaboration, transparency and, of course, fun!
We have made the list of the top Best Places to Work in CT for many years and even ranked #1 in the state in 2019.
We are proud to be a social enterprise and registered Benefit Corporation which demonstrates our commitment to promoting a positive social impact in all we do.
The Network Engineer is accountable for serving as a primary engineer on dedicated client accounts, as well as handle extra support and project work. The Network Engineer will focus on proactively maintaining their clients’ network environments, which includes performing server maintenance, daily task list items and making the necessary recommendations to achieve network integrity and stability.
Provide on-site and remote technical support for our diverse client base
- Maintain current Microsoft environments
- Install, troubleshoot and support desktop applications and computer hardware
- Manage backup, antivirus and anti-spam solutions
- Develop relationships with clients in a trusted advisor capacity
- Develop rapport with Sales team and collaborate on client needs/opportunities
- Update and maintain network documentation on assigned client accoounts
- Travel to client sites throughout CT; some out of state travel may occasionally be required
- 3 plus years’ experience in multiple client environments on a consultative basis preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal customer service and problem solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Router and firewall experience as well as experience in VMware is preferred
- CS/MIS or industry related degree and industry certifications are preferred
The Walker Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are a company that encourages and values diversity in the workplace
Job Type: Full-time
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Computer networking: 3 years (Preferred)
- multiple client environments: 2 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19