SNP Technical Services Inc. provides design and project management services in industrial, manufacturing & process engineering, and related disciplines, including building work.
At this time, we are looking to expand our team and require an Intermediate Structural Engineer with a minimum of 3-5 years experience to support current and future projects for our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, emphasis on structures
- Professional Engineer License or Engineer In Training (Ontario or Michigan)
- 3-5 years experience
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Software including Project
- AutoCAD required
- Proficiency in one of the following softwares:
- AutoDesk Robotics/Robot Structural Analysis Professional
- Advanced Steel
- Prosteel 3D
- SAP 2000
- Tekla Structures 3D
- Familiarity with FEM software a plus
- Highly motivated, with superb interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, the ability to speak multiple languages is considered an asset
- Familiar with Canadian and American Structural Engineering standards and codes
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in structural analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry, and timber structures
- Experience with Automotive and structural design projects
- Must be willing to travel throughout North America
- Eligibility for US AND Canadian work permits required
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Junior/Intermediate Structural Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Analyze and prepare structural reports.
- Read and understand structural drawings.
- Technically competent to perform hand calculations based on American and Canadian Standards of codes.
- Able to use design software and drawings tools.
- Minimal travel to job sites to collect and survey existing conditions.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications drawing.
- Perform site visits and attend meetings with contractors and clients.
- Perform structural analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry and timber structures.
- Ability to autonomously take a task with minimal directions and ensure successful completion.
- Ability to sketch structure details and sections.
- Familiar with industrial applications with emphasis on automotive and conveyor structural engineering experience.
Salary is based on experience
SNP Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all people. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- AutoDesk Robotics: 3 years (Preferred)
- SAP 2000: 3 years (Preferred)
- Advanced Steel: 3 years (Preferred)