GameChange Solar (GCS), one of the largest US suppliers of solar racking and tracker systems, is seeking a Geotechnical Field Testing Coordinator. We are looking for creative, intelligent, and driven professionals who want to make a positive impact on the planet. The Geotechnical Field Testing Coordinator will play a key role in facilitating the installation of GWs worth of Solar Capacity. This is a prime opportunity with the possibility of rapid advancement for an ambitious engineer to expand their management skills and solar experience.
- Manage the entire subsurface testing program for GCS: Pull Testing and Geotechnical Inspections
- Oversee pull testing:
- Coordinate with engineers to create pull test procedures
- Manage pull testing subcontractors including schedule and price
- Arrange for equipment and testing material delivery to project site
- Ensure vendors accurately adhere to pull test procedures either through electronic communication or onsite training
- Create Pull test reports.
- Oversee Geotechnical Inspections
- Coordinate with engineers to create geotechnical inspection scopes of work
- Manage Geotechnical engineer subcontractors
- Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner
- Utilize Continuous Improvement Principles to improve business processes and reduce total cost
- Interface with customers and vendors relating to achieving their expectations
- 3 + years Geotechnical experience.
- Bachelor in engineering or related field
- Ability to manage subcontractors
- Strong Communication skills: Mastery of written and spoken English required.
- Experience in Utility / Commercial solar construction preferred
- College degree in a technical field
- Familiarity with common foundation construction practices
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, team development, and critical thinking skills
- High level of integrity with strong emphasis on making and meeting commitments
- High sense of urgency with the ability to delegate and prioritize to meet required deadlines
- Strong computer software skills
Business Office professional attire is required
Job Type: Full-time
- Geotechnical Field Testing: 5 years (Required)