C Squared Systems, LLC (C2 Systems) is an RF engineering, consulting, and software development company specializing in providing services for seamless wireless coverage from RF analysis to design and implementation of DAS systems and Wi-Fi networks to remote monitoring and management of complex multi-vendor environments. Site Portal®, a customizable Web-based software, was engineered by C2 Systems to remotely monitor and manage these complex multi-vendor environments.
Since 1999, C2 Systems has executed turnkey in-building wireless solutions using state-of-the-art analysis tools to deliver RF solutions that exceed project scope and customer expectations. Our experience, technical expertise, and diverse projects in the wireless realm have allowed C2 Systems to continually evolve as new technologies are developed and the demands of our customers change.
Entry Level Radio Frequency Engineer
C2 Systems is currently seeking a Radio Frequency Engineer responsible for telecommunication system engineering functions relating to RF/Wireless communications pertaining to in-building and outdoor, passive and active (Distributed Antenna System) systems. The incumbent will assist senior telecommunication engineers and project managers in various aspects of engineering relating to design, testing, product research and evaluation, site survey, and engineering drawing development. The incumbent will also perform various operational support functions such as parts procurement, equipment repair/return, inventory and documentation. Travel will be primarily within New England traveling to Customer locations on a daily basis (50-90% travel).
- In-Building communication system design and optimization
- Evaluation and optimization of RF propagation prediction and data collection tools
- In-Building Distributed Antenna System (DAS) design & deployment
- RF propagation modeling and analysis
- 100MHz to 2.5 GHz - VHF, UHF, LMR, SMR, CELL, PCS, LTE, WiMAX
- Bi-Directional Amplifier (BDA) installation & integration
- Perform system tests using scanners, spectrum analyzers, transmitters, and other electronic test equipment
- Work hands on with system components such as antennas, fiber optics, coax, and RF amplifiers and receivers
- Radio Frequency Exposure Studies, Intermodulation and Interference Analysis
- Proposal Evaluation
- Wireless Carrier coordination
- Preventive Maintenance services
- Multi-task projects on a day-to-day basis
- Travel to various job sites within New England and other markets.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working with or performing engineering studies of basic radio frequency and/or fiber optic communication systems are strongly preferred
- Experience or familiarity with radio frequency devices and/or systems is highly desirable.
- Proficient in basic computer applications (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and understand technical materials
- A solid understanding of fundamental engineering principles and the ability to effectively work on multiple engineering projects simultaneously
- Requires knowledge of radio frequency and fiber optic communication technology
- Must be able to work effectively within a diverse work force including engineers, project managers, skilled craft workers, consultants, customers, and regulatory agency personnel
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills to be able to effectively communicate complex issues with peers, supervisors, and managers. Must be authorized to work in the US, be willing to travel 50-90%, have a clean driving record and be able to pass a company background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license