Phase Technologies is looking for a Hardware Electrical Engineer to work in developing new products based on power switching technology. The Hardware Electrical Engineer will play a critical role in the R&D, project development design, testing, and validation of these products.
Phase Technologies designs and manufactures innovative electronic products based on power switching technologies. Since 1999 the company has been the leading manufacturer of digital phase converters and digital power conditioners for commercial and industrial applications.
- Design and develop of new products and modifications to existing products around customer needs.
- Preparing schematic designs.
- Analyzing components.
- Researching and collecting data for design options, as well as developing design decisions.
- Perform system-level and detailed circuit design of power electronic circuits and associated control and interface circuits to meet requirements of the engineering specification.
- Obtains cost estimates on the technologies related to assigned projects.
- Generate reports based on the design, analysis efforts, and results.
- Propose testing, write test plans, gather, and analyze data to verify the design experimentally.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with PCB design, with voltages up to 800Vdc preferred
- Experience with both analog and digital designs.
- Power electronics design experience a plus.
- Performs schematic design using engineering principles and advanced math concepts.
- Creates PCB layouts with a complete understanding of the impact of traces, vias, planes layers and component placement.
- Component analysis experience and device characterization.
- Troubleshoots returned devices as well as products that fail qualification tests
- Promotes quality and continuous improvement philosophy.
- Demonstrated expertise in laboratory testing and experience with test equipment including oscilloscopes, data acquisition equipment, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Experience in managing prototype build from BOM creation to build change requests.
- Experience with Altium Designer.
Depends upon experience
· Paid Time Off (up to 18 days per year - starting)
· Paid Holidays (8 days per year)
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Matching Retirement
· Flexible Savings Account
WHO WE ARE:
Phase Technologies is a power electronics manufacturer located in Rapid City, South Dakota. Founded in 1999, Phase Technologies developed the world’s first digital phase converter, called the Phase Perfect® Digital Phase Converter. This was the first major advancement of phase conversion technology in decades. Recognized as the world’s leading manufacturer of phase converter technologies, the company expanded the technology into variable frequency drives (VFDs) in the irrigation, water pumping, HVAC and oil & gas industries.
Specializing in VFDs with Active Front End technology, Phase Technologies produces the only low harmonic, fully regenerative, phase-converting VFD that complies with IEEE 519, the international standard for allowable harmonic levels on utility mains. The company has an extensive product line-up of low harmonic, fully regenerative drives in both three-phase and phase-converting models.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location