SAL Engineering Ltd. is looking for a dedicated, talented, and experienced Civil Engineering Technologist to join their team. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a collaborative, local, and accomplished organization? Then this could be the perfect fit!
The Civil Engineering Technologist will work primarily with SAL Engineering Ltd.’s civil engineers and participate in the completion of the following:
- Civil3D drawings for pre-design, design, and post-construction
- Water line routing evaluation using aerial imagery
- Flow modeling using WaterCAD
- Bidding and contract documents, including drawings and specifications
- Opinions of probable cost
- Approvals and permits
- Field surveys and data imports
- Construction staking, GPS layout, and legal land pin location
- Site inspection
This is a long-term career opportunity with continued growth and learning throughout. The Civil Engineering Technologist will typically work 37.5 hours per week, with the potential for additional time requirements. Some travel within Saskatchewan may be required.
Qualifications and Requirements
Applicants for the Civil Engineering Technologist position must:
- have graduated from a post-secondary Civil Engineering Technologies program
- have at least 3-5 years of experience in the CET field
- have a valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
- be willing and able to travel throughout Saskatchewan
- have strong technical, communication, and organizational skills
- be meticulous and take pride in their quality of work
- have a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- be well-suited to a collaborative work environment
More experienced candidates are encouraged to apply. Starting compensation with commensurate with experience.
SAL Engineering Ltd. is a locally-owned Saskatoon firm that has been providing professional municipal engineering and project management consulting services throughout Saskatchewan since 1980.
SAL Engineering Ltd. works with Federal, Provincial, and Municipal governments, as well as First Nations and the private sector. We provide engineering and project management services for development and expansion of rural water lines, water treatment plants, subdivisions, sewage systems, solid waste facilities, drainage systems, and roadways. We also provide project management services for development and upgrade of schools, health centres, fire halls, arenas, and other community facilities.
If you would like to join our growing team of professionals, please submit your resume and cover letter today!
We thank all candidates for their interest! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$30.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Saskatchewan Driver's License (preferred)
Willingness to travel: