- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related field and five years of experience in the job offered or related occupation as equivalent to the Master’s degree and two years of experience.
- One year of experience developing solutions for Oracle’s e-business suite; experience with Oracle’s development tools including SQL and PLSQL, reports, forms, BI publisher, Workflow Build and JDeveloper;
- Experience with at least one of the following e-business suite applications: accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Procurement, iProcurement, iExpense, General Ledger, Inventory, or Fixed Assets; and experience engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues.
Enabling Amazon’s explosive growth requires top talent in our Finance Technology (FinTech) organization. FinTech is seeking an Oracle Applications Developer to be a part of Amazon's FinTech Payments team.
Our team operates Oracle ERP and custom software platforms that are among the largest in the world by volume and complexity, and a successful candidate will be able to dive deep and execute technical and functional assignments with their team. As a developer, you will drive architectural and design choices, invent new features, optimize programs and build a scalable, performance-driven solutions in Oracle Applications R12 system. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers to take a high level of ownership, technical architecture and project delivery.
Design, build and extend applications. Design and develop solutions and support multiple applications within the Oracle e-business suite and open source technologies as required. Develop technical specifications. Configure standard applications. Modify standard forms and reports. Develop new forms and reports. Develop interfaces in and out of the e-business suite. End user support for multiple applications in multiple geographies. Oversee and lead the efforts of Junior Developers.
- Additional programming skills that are useful towards the job but not a requirement; Perl, Java
- Must have a strong functional knowledge of the Oracle e-Business suite in a multiple organization and multiple set of books environment.
- Desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL best practices.
- Must have very strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.