Ready for a challenge?
Are you passionate about a zero-emissions vehicle future and want to build something special that other EV companies will envy? Do you want to own your space and work with talented, like-minded people on important vehicle ICE and electrification projects both internally and for major OEMs? If the pace of the high-tech world doesn’t scare you, but excites you, and quality and integrity matter to you, then we would like you to join MARTIN Technologies.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Mechanical Engineer to join the MARTIN team. In this role you will assist with engineering, testing, analysis, validation, and release on one or more of the following teams:
- ICE and EV Testing and Development
- Chassis Integration
- Alternate Fuel Systems Development
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Suspension (Dampers, Springs, Bushings/Mounts, Ball Joints, Sensors/Controls)
- Steering (Gears, Columns, Sensors/Controls)
- Structures (Frames/Subframes, Links/Arms, Pedals, Couplings, Bolted Joints)
- Wheel End Systems (Brakes, Wheels, Tires, Bearings, Driveline)
What you will work on
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, suppliers, manufacturing, testing, and validation teams on the complete life cycle of the project through design, engineering, prototyping, product launch, and implementation of lessons learned on subsequent products (cradle-to-cradle responsibility)
- Apply fundamental physics to lead the progression of design maturity from initial concept to product launch, to next concept
- Generate and review 2D, 3D, and analytical models
- Assist in definition of appropriate system-level engineering targets to meet function, quality and attribute requirements of the Vehicle Program
- Assist in development and validation of Vehicle/System Design Specifications incorporating company/industry/regulatory standards, test procedures and material specifications
- Work to ensure system meets targets
- Assist in resolution of design, attribute or packaging incompatibilities through deep collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Design Validation Plan and Report (DVP&R) including both in-house and supplier testing plans, and work to ensure sign-off tests are completed on schedule
- Troubleshoot and resolve all validation issues
- Assist the Purchasing team in sourcing and RFQ activities
- Support vehicle launch and pre-production builds (both virtual and physical)
- Track open issues, communicate issues to all groups and setup meetings as required to close all issues.
- Develop, track and update vehicle level specifications for vehicle architecture.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with all areas both internally & within supplier base.
- Provide input to improve efficiency of Company methods and process.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, MET, Automotive Engineering or relevant experience Required
- Strong grasp of solid mechanics fundamentals (fluid mechanics is a plus) Required
- Engineering knowledge of defined requirements and validation of component(s) / system(s) design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements, testing, and validation Required
- Proficiency in Solidworks Required
- Problem solving mindset Required
- 2-5 years experience Preferred
- Experience using Multibody dynamics simulation experience Preferred
- Familiarity with automotive structures, manufacturing and fastening methods Preferred
- Proficiency in Finite Element Analysis Preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Ergonomics in the automotive design process Preferred
- Proficient knowledge with Product Life Cycle Management Tools Preferred
- Familiarity with DFMEA processes Preferred
- Previous OEM and automotive experience Preferred
- Previous assembly plant launch experience Preferred
- Experience with regulatory requirements Preferred
- Hybrid or Electric Vehicle experience Preferred
Must have current U.S. work authorization
WHO WE ARE
MARTIN Technologies is a full-service, global engineering and manufacturing company with capabilities in automotive, marine, aerospace and defense industries. We excel with innovative methods and best practices supporting the world’s best customers. Our global experience in ICE, Hybrid, Electrification, Autonomous and developing new technologies creates an exciting and diverse environment for our team. See more about us at www.haroldmartin.com
Job Type: Full-time