Job Description: The PCB CAD Designer is responsible for all aspects of PCB design and prototype fabrication for Audio Precision products. The PCB CAD Designer works with AP Engineers to determine PCB stackup, place components, do critical / bulk routing and ensure mechanical fit of PCBs with other product assemblies. The PCB CAD Designer works closely with AP’s PCB vendors and contract manufactures to ensure successful and on schedule construction of prototype PCB assembles. The PCB CAD Designer works to resolve ongoing production issues related to PCB design and manages outside PCB contractors to accelerate projects as needed.
- Entering and maintaining schematics in ORCAD and P-CAD, as required by hardware engineering.
- Packaging schematics to import parts and components. Creating new components and footprints as necessary to complete design of the PCB.
- Managing the component library to ensure that parts footprints and pin-outs are correct, eliminating duplicates, and avoiding PCB design errors introduced by errors in the PCB CAD library.
- Developing the silk-screen, applying reference designators, orientation marks, board labels, layer coupons, part numbers and copyright information to all PCB designs.
- Running design rule checks and eliminating errors before releasing all boards to ensure the PCB design matches the schematic.
- Preparing fabrication notes, assembly notes and all deliverables required by production to build prototypes and released product including Gerber files, drill charts and PCB Assembly BOMs.
- Following industry and vendor guidelines for placement of parts, design of footprints, clearances around parts, keep-outs, and creepage/clearance requirements to ensure that PCBs meet regulatory requirements and are manufacturable with reasonable yields and costs.
- Ordering and managing the build of all engineering prototype circuit board assemblies as required.
- Creating and providing accurate release packages to production for all PCB assemblies at Hardware Release.
- Implementing ECOs as required keeping schematics, PCB designs and the PCB Library current ensuring retention of all previous design changes when board turns occur.
- Converting legacy schematics and PCB Designs from P-CAD to Cadence Orcad/Allegro as required
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Schematic Capture, PCB Design, PCB Design Tools, PCB stackup, and PCB assembly techniques.
- Experience and knowledge of IPC standards and practices.
- Experience using Cadence OrCAD/Allegro is required, previous experience with P-Cad is highly desirable.
- Experience designing digital, analog and mixed signal PCBs is highly desired.
- AS with 4-6 years’ relevant experience designing complex PCBs, or BS with 2-3 years’ relevant experience, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Previous experience as an Engineering Technician and willingness/ability to fill in as required is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 4 years (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends