J2 Building Consultants, Inc., a construction design and engineering consultant firm in the building envelope and waterproofing industry, is seeking a full time Licensed Architect to assist our existing staff of architects, engineers and field inspectors during the repair process of buildings that are not performing properly. Nearly all of our work relates to the assessment of the building enclosure and repairs caused from water damage.
Our multidisciplined team provides evaluations and repair scopes, and then guides building owners through the repair process. J2 is a fun, fast paced environment of like-minded professionals looking to make a difference in building owners’ and managers’ lives by restoring their damaged buildings. We specialize in residential and commercial building envelope work ranging from apartments and condominiums, commercial, to high end residential.
We collaborate. We laugh. We work hard every day.
- Create design details, architectural document sets, permit submittals, etc.,
- Assist with limited field work which may include site observations and inspections, recording as-built conditions, documenting observed conditions with comprehensive field notes and photographs, and assisting in-house engineers and construction specialists with construction investigations.
- Requires knowledge of siding, roofing, weather-resistive barriers (WRB), flashings, waterproof membranes, wood framed construction assembly details, etc.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in AUTOCAD design production in an architectural, engineering, or construction field involved in multi-family housing, commercial, and/or new construction
- Currently licensed in WA and/or NCARB
- Able to be licensed in WA, OR and UT within 6 months
- Building Enclosure specific experience
- Able to perform work as architect of record in multiple states while being in one of our physical offices (occasional travel to other offices) - Office options: Mukilteo, Portland, Salt Lake City. Architects located in any of the three states are welcome to apply and must be willing to collaborate with the entire team.
Compensation will be based on skills and experience, but we pay above market and share in the profits. The full-time position also includes 100% medical-dental-vision, 401k, vacation time, gym and Costco memberships, among other perks.
To be considered for this position, please include your personal email on your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
- Architecture License (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Virtual meetings