Are you ready to invent the future? Lockheed Martin is on a journey of digital transformation as we leverage our data, modernize our processes and advance technology to maintain our position as the world’s Aerospace and Defense leader.
We are leveraging emerging, digitally-enabled capabilities to lower cost, speed up development time and create disruptive solutions to best serve our customers and stakeholders. We’re bringing the 4th Industrial Revolution to every role in the company.
We are assembling a team of change agents to tackle the hardest operations challenges that come with digital transformation. We are looking for highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individuals to join and contribute significantly to the successful implementation and enablement of this journey for our Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Team (MFC.)
Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is one of four Lockheed Martin business areas. MFC is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. MFC develops, manufactures and supports advanced combat, missile, rocket, manned and unmanned systems for military customers that include the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, NASA and dozens of foreign allies. MFC also offers a wide range of products and services for the global civil nuclear power industry and the military’s green power initiatives. MFC has five principal product categories that correspond to the vital capabilities it provides our warfighters and civilian customers in their defining moments. MFC pursues business in more than 50 countries with more than 50 product and service lines.
We are seeking highly motivated, experienced, and enthusiastic individuals to join and contribute significantly to our Program Management Organization (PMO) for successful enablement of this program.
This position is looking for a Visual Designer who can support a variety of user experience (UX) initiatives and can effectively lead onsite events to showcase Digital Transformation efforts to non-technical employees.
The role will have the following responsibilities:
- Generate clear ideas, concepts, code and designs using creative assets from beginning to end
- Work collaboratively with other graphic, visual and UX designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience
- Multi-tasks, manages and prioritizes multiple projects based on urgency and need; Flexible in responding to business priorities
- Translate business requirements, user/employee needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
- Conduct engaging onsite events to connect employees to Digital Transformation initiatives
- Plan and conduct interviews, user surveys, and usability tests
- Help define user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Help create prototypes and wireframes
- Works independently on assigned tasks and accepts direction on given assignments
- Work closely with Digital Transformation leadership, peers, business partners, communications, graphics, and other teams across MFC and Lockheed Martin
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Computer Science and/or Communications (e.g., graphic, UX, front end development, interaction, visual communications, technical communications) or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate during face-to-face and virtual interactions (phone, email, live chat, and video conference)
- Experience working with a content management system, preferably WordPress
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Publisher)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines and projects
- Must have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile
- Working knowledge of Slack, Wordpress, and Atlassian Suite
- Experience creating visual, executive-level PowerPoint presentations
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with project management and team collaboration software
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.