TS Manufacturing, a local family-owned manufacturer of Automated Machinery for the Sawmill & Material Handling sector, based in the scenic City of Kawartha Lakes. As an industry leading manufacturer, TS Manufacturing has continually improved its facilities and infrastructure leading to the completion of a multi-million dollar facility and equipment expansion culminating in the expansion of its 70,000 square foot manufacturing facility. With modern technology, and a strong global customer base we require people who are willing to take advantage of the opportunities to improve our processes and customer experiences throughout the organization including Electrical System Designer/PLC Programmer. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work with customers on almost every continent worldwide; as well as occasionally interfacing with engineering staff at one of our 3 other facilities worldwide – including New Zealand, and North Carolina. Currently Celebrating 49 years in business with an experienced multi-generational team; TS Manufacturing offers a rural based lifestyle, while working in a global reaching, pandemic essential business; offering competitive pay and benefits.
The successful candidate will possess strong electrical design skills coupled with good mechanical understanding to work in our engineering design office in Lindsay, Ontario. Based on the candidates experience they will use their skills to be part of our Electrical Design Team. The area of design includes a wide range of projects related to Bulk Material Handling Projects and/or Sawmill and Lumber Handling Machinery.
Key Duties Include*
- Primary duties: Electrical design, detailing, generating complete electrical/controls drawing packages, bill of materials, and support plant and onsite electricians.
- Detailed Design and CAD design completely or to support other designers/detailers in the department. Excellent and demonstrable skills utilizing AutoCAD Electrical is required.
- Design/specification of electrical circuits/components and materials, technical selection, sizing and evaluation of equipment and parts.
- Review drawings and provide installation/assembly technical support.
- Participate in Pre/Post-Design reviews.
- HMI/touchscreen Design and Implementation.
- Automated Industrial Machinery PLC Logic Design and on-site commissioning.
- On-Site/remote support Troubleshooting and commissioning of Hardware including;
- Digital/Analogue Field Devices and IO
- Specialty sensors and Scanners
- Actuators, Motors, Encoders etc.
- Provide onsite project support when required. (International travel) - (travel will be required on occasion)
- Customer technical support for new and existing installations.
- *Depending on the candidates strengths – may vary slightly
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 year -Dip. Eng. Technology – Electro-Mechanical or Electronics Technology
· 2 years Minimum design experience with programmable logic controller programming, installation, Drives, remote IO etc.
- Good comprehension of PLC's, programming and related hardware within the Rockwell Architecture
(Allen Bradley Products preferred).
- Working Experience in automation or electrical design is required.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team (both internal and remote), including mechanical, structural, electrical, instrumentation, and CAD support.
- Solid knowledge of electrical field devices. – limit switches of various types, encoders, scanners, etc.
- Good understanding of motor control, servos and VFDs.
- Fully versed in Autodesk AutoCAD 2019 or later, and Microsoft Office is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work extra hours to ensure a successful project when required.
- Self-motivated, driven individual with good problem solving skills.
- Working experience and understanding of industrial mechanical system is a significant asset.
- Organized, self-regulated and excellent time management skills required.
Applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.tsman.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical Design: 1 year (Preferred)