Starting a nonprofit is hard, so we built Hack Club Bank for our community of 16,000+ teenage programmers. Within 24 hours of joining Bank, organizations get 501(c)(3) nonprofit status, access to a beautiful dashboard for managing their finances, and all financial and legal matters - from tax filings to payroll - handled. 50% of high school hackathons worldwide run on Hack Club Bank, and Elon Musk has tweeted that we're a "cool group" (link to the tweet : https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1263275969743216640 )
Now, Hack Club Bank is expanding beyond just Hack Clubbers. Over 400 organizations running on Bank have transacted upwards of $4,000,000; from teenage-run hackathons to small-town newspapers.
With the right leadership, we hope to bring Hack Club Bank to thousands of organizations across the United States and process tens of millions of dollars in transactions. We think do-gooders need the same tools that software engineers do. For them, Bank is like GitHub: transformative. Right now, Bank is the only part of Hack Club that isn't open source. In the next year we want to open source it, build an amazing community of Hack Clubbers contributing to it, and onboard 1,000 new organizations through our partnership with Givebutter.
We're looking for a senior level expert in Ruby on Rails for a while .
the perfect candidate:
- Loves coding, is a Ruby on Rails expert, and has managed small teams of engineers before.
- Is product-oriented, believes in attention-to-detail and creating phenomenal user experiences.
- Has strong familiarity with open source, maybe even built or managed open source projects.
- Has experience building resilient systems and implementing security best practices and/or loves working with teenagers.
- This role pays between $150K - $210K, depending on your experience. We know that might be less than you'd make elsewhere. We offer healthcare and 4 weeks paid vacation.
Make Bank even more awesome.
Bank has been maintained by a small team of two full-time operations people, and on-and-off contributions by engineers and various contractors. The majority of contributions are actually made by teenagers! In this role, you'll take point on bringing Bank to its full potential.
Hack Club Bank already powers our own transparent finances as well as those of many other organizations.
These are just some of the initiatives we support:
The Charlotte Bridge, independent journalism based in Vermont
The Hacker Zephyr, the world's longest (by land) hackathon on a train
Hack Pennsylvania, the largest high school hackathon in Pennsylvania
Like a CTO, you'll work directly with real users to define Bank's roadmap around making Bank better for Hack Clubbers. You will build and lead a team of Hack Clubbers to create a shipping culture around Bank, and lead and manage relationships with technical partners who integrate Bank into their products.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 - $210,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, VT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location