IT Developer + Apprentice (ServiceNow Entry-Level):
In this role, you will utilize the ServiceNow platform to provide support to consulting and technical teams by contributing to various stages of the software development life cycle. You will assist the team by providing production and maintenance support, conducting root-cause analysis of issues, ensuring high quality and on-time customer service. You will play a critical role by contributing to the knowledge management process while interfacing with internal teams and driving higher efficiency.
The IT Developer + Apprentice (ServiceNow) opportunity is for early-career starters interested in breaking into the tech industry while gaining real-world experience. We believe in the earn-while-you-learn model, so you will work full-time with a global tech company while also participating in New Apprenticeships IT ServiceNow Apprenticeship program, which is at no cost to you. The apprenticeship offers small cohorts, learning hands-on from industry experts, certifications, portfolio building, career coaching, mentoring, plus the ability to earn additional credits towards a bachelor's degree.
You can learn more about the apprenticeship program here:
- High school diploma, Associates Degree, or some college (must not have received a Bachelor's degree yet)
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, creating/maintaining excel spreadsheets
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Ability to analyze data and communicate ideas clearly
- Customer service experience
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in designing and detailing processes related to the software development life cycle
- Troubleshoot issues, document process, review checklists, and develop reference implementations
- Provide production support – monitor applications, batch jobs, servers, network devices, databases, operating systems, raise and acknowledge tickets
- Support technical team in deployment with activities to ensure a smooth go-live of new processes, products, or systems
- Understand the existing system and processes to document
- Reverse knowledge transfer to document the process of support and maintenance
- In addition to the above, based on the area of work like application development, infra support, cyber support, Microsoft office, service now, associated areas of responsibility will apply
In addition to working in a full-time role with our partner company, a global tech consulting firm, the right candidate will spend 10-15 hrs per week participating in the New Apprenticeship's IT ServiceNow Pre-Employment Bootcamp + Apprenticeship program over 15 months.
You'll work as a full-time ServiceNow Developer, starting salary between $35-$45k - no programming experience is necessary. Additionally, the pre-employment bootcamp and apprenticeship program is at no cost to you. It is included as a benefit of your full-time employment.
Pre-Employment Bootcamp Details: 12 weeks
- Prior to the apprenticeship starting, you will complete a 9-week pre-employment bootcamp to quickly learn skills in ITIL, Agile, and Programming while also receiving expert coaching to prepare you for your interview with our partner company
- At the 9 week mark, you will have your final interview with our partner company for your full-time role.
- At the 10 week mark, you will start your CSA certification training to prepare you for the exam, which you will take at the end of bootcamp if certain prep benchmarks are met
Apprenticeship Details: 12 months
- You will complete a 12-month apprenticeship while also working full-time to gain experience with ServiceNow, the in-demand IT Service Management platform.
- Accelerate your tech skills by earning certifications in ITL, ServiceNow, CSA, and Google IT to validate your skills, gain hands-on application with your portfolio projects and in your role
- Build your network by working with our expert instructors, coaches, and other apprentices in ongoing training focused on your professional and technical skills.
- Eligible for up to 30 credit hours towards the completion of Bachelor's degree in IT (through Southern New Hampshire University)
- All applicants will go through the New Apprenticeship interview process, which includes an application, a short project, and an interview with a member of our team.
- Accepted candidates will have an additional interview directly with our partner company's hiring manager for full-time job placement.
- NOTE: This is NOT Remote position
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000 - $45,000
- Apprenticeship tuition covered as part of compensation benefit
- Opportunity for additional tuition support
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location