Develop manufacturing processes to include but not limited to: Press, Assembly, Production Tact Time and Launching New Products.
Interfacing with customers to ensure that product specification are met.
Coordinate that customer specifications are within Unipres production capabilities and all Engineering areas involved are aligned.
- Develop processes to Support engineering departments.
- Attend trial events of new vehicle events to review issues and document/ access opportunities to resolve.
- Analyzing customer specification and work with interdisciplinary teams to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Analyzing OEM designs to determine if we have the machinery and equipment availability and customer specifications are suitable to run production.
- Analyze information to determine if a product can be made or not and what is the cost.
- Identify what processes are needed to efficiently build the part(s).
- Ability to make cost effective decisions and create processes aligned with feedback and production capability.
- Develop manufacturing processes including things such as: set press process (PRG, TRF, TND as example) as appropriate to production condition as well determine the assembly process and tact time.
- Base on the complexity of the part determine resources and engineering needs to run production.
- Establish the number of welding jigs needed according to tact time and volume.
- Ability to interpret part design as proposed by design engineers internal and customer.
- Calculate assembly tact (ST/SP-ROB/HND-ROB/PSW/ARC-ROB-ROB, . . . , etc.)
- Ability to be a change agent and oversee proposals supporting parts changes.
- Ability to read blueprints and pull CAD data and product designs.
- Ability to make changes to part designs and explain them to areas involved.
- Determine optimal press tonnage and type, die lineup, tact time, necessary jigs and fixtures. Develop part specifications, create blank shape, setting and material layout.
- Must be willing to receive feedback from the plant to make adjustments for the success of the part and manage sensitive process.
- Elaborate cost estimations for special orders and match time deadlines.
4 year Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline preferably Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in similar a position.
- Manufacturing automotive industry background including project management is required.
- Must have metal stamping back ground, welding experience a plus as both components and assemblies are produced in-house.
- Solid understanding of quality and continuous improvement processes.
- Excellent communication skills for information exchange with internal as well as external customers.
- CAD skills required (ex. I-DEAS, NX, CATIA)
Team orientated with ability and willingness to effectively interface with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel within the organization as well as customers and suppliers.
- Self-motivated with the ability to execute project plans to meet program cost, quality and timing targets in a corporate environment.
- Organizational skills necessary to create, collect and maintain company records and meet timelines as may be required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Foreign language skills are desired with preference given to Japanese, Spanish, and German.
- Ability to travel to manufacturing sites, customer and supplier locations as necessary up to 20%.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Professional (in similar role): 5 years (Preferred)
- CAD skills (ex. I-DEAS, NX, CATIA): 5 years (Required)
- Manufacturing automotive industry background: 5 years (Preferred)
- Metal stamping back ground: 5 years (Preferred)
- White House, TN (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Japanese (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)