Brief Job Description:
This is a production improvement position for the Carrollton plant and provides production support for the entire site operation.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Monitor and provide process and chemical assistance in production of products to improve yield, quality and efficiency, and to reduce any detrimental environmental impact.
- Design, develop and implement plant and process improvements.
- Assess production & processes for relevance and assess the adequacy of engineering equipment. Utilize PI process data historian and ORACLE accounting and inventory computer systems as required.
- Design, install and commission new production units, monitor modifications and upgrades, and troubleshoot existing processes. Lead special projects as directed.
- Prepare reports, flow diagrams and charts.
- Assess the availability of raw materials, utilities and equipment and their safety and environmental impact to the plant.
- Manage costs associated with raw materials, products, utilities and equipment.
- Work on risk management and management of change, including HAZOP, PHA, PSSR etc.
- Work closely with other specialists to address issues around quality, products, customers, scheduling, and personnel.
- Train personnel at the site in upgrades, modifications, safety, environmental, etc.
- Technical writing of operating procedures and other important documentation.
- Perform reviews of work areas for potential losses and loss control opportunities.
- All activities of this position will be consistent with the Plant’s loss control objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written Ability to communicate effectively throughout several levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven track record in analysis and optimization of products/processes/projects.
The job requires the ability to easily move through a chemical process requiring use of stairs, ladders, and personal protective equipment. This jobholder is independently responsible for ensuring safe, environmentally sound production of material while keeping personnel safety a top priority.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering
- Experienced in assisting in the analysis and optimization of products/processes/projects
- Experience in support and implementation of safety programs and initiatives. Experience in implementation of safety related projects and action items.
- Experience in tracking and improving product yield and mass balances, product quality, energy balances and conservation, new product commissioning, capital project scope development and startup and waste reduction.
- Process Safety Management experience – required to perform risk analysis and hazard analysis, aid in proper design and use of equipment.
- BST behavioral safety techniques, PI, and ORACLE experience are preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented