Greif, Inc. (NYSE:
GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers, flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard, coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the southeastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
Provide project management on a full array of projects, which includes but is not limited to capital projects, maintenance and reliability projects, and process improvement projects. Project management includes design, engineering, scope, budget, cost management, and implementation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mill Safety Program completely. Must be fully involved in the safety culture and help drive the team towards an incident free workplace.
- Support the mill's journey of continuous improvement. Must be able to learn, comprehend, and teach the operational excellence tools being utilized.
- Needs to be a highly motivated self-starter that requires minimal direction to execute projects from idea generation to execution.
- Maintain specified equipment records, which includes manuals, drawings and process diagrams.
- Purchase specified project supplies as necessary.
- Create BOMs and equipment hierarchies.
- Responsibilities include defining scope, writing project charters, engaging the staff and operators, facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Analyze operational and maintenance downtime as a means of identifying future projects.
- Actively participate in monthly shutdowns and annual shutdowns.
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Company accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques if applicable.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and related tools to meet the requirements of an evolving workflow process.
- Minimum technical background requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field with minimum 5 years’ experience in the manufacturing sector. Paper Industry experience is a plus.
- Process control knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and meet stated objectives.
- Ability to collaborate with different departments and vendors to clearly define project scope and execute to completion.
- Proficiency in MS Office a must.
- MS Project, AutoCAD, database development is desired.
- Familiarity with JDE and any CMMS program is desired.
- Familiarity with a CMRP, a plus.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively both written and verbal.
- Excellent team leadership abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to practice time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.