Flexim is a global leader in Ultrasonic Flow Measurement Technology. We provide high quality innovative solutions to a very wide range of industrial and commercial flow measurement applications. We're looking for an energetic, self-starter, hardworking, hands-on type person for our Edgewood, NY office.
This position will be responsible for the installation and support of FLEXIM Flow and Analytical products and write reports as required by the position. This person will also provide training and application support to end users and technical sales reps, provide customer feedback to the product development teams, will participate, as required, in product development team meetings to ensure products are easily installed, easily serviced and meet the functional and performance needs of our customers. This person will have one-on-one contact with customers. Good personal relations skills are a must. The position requires a degree of physical work such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, carrying tool cases, and sometimes working in demanding industrial environments.
Experience: Experience in an Instrument and Controls environment is preferred; however, we will consider a candidate without experience that has a Technical Degree, A.S. or B.S. in engineering.
- Perform installation of instrumentation and post-sales support of FLEXIM products in various industrial environments, including, but not limited to: oil refineries, oil fields (including offshore), power plants, building basements, other manufacturing facilities
- Perform field tests and surveys
- Perform field upgrades of installed systems
- Provide customer service, application support and product training to end users and technical sales reps
- Ability to travel with minimal notice required. Travel will be primarily within the US; travel frequency will range from 25-75% (typically around 50% both local & long distance) Some weekend travel required.
- Technical or Engineering Degree
- Must have outstanding communication and inter-personal skills
- Must be team and goal oriented
- Experience in the oil and gas industry a plus
- Strong computer skills. Fluent with MS word, excel, power point.
- Strong writing skills for generating field reports, support documents
- Experience in an Instrument and Controls environment is preferred; however, we will consider a candidate without experience that has a Technical Degree, A.S. or B.S. in engineering.
- Since Travel to site is required, the Candidate must have a Valid Driver’s License.
- Candidates will also be required to pass Drug Testing to work at certain locations.
- US Citizenship is required as Flexim Americas performs work at facilities that require Citizenship of the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Power Tools: 2 years (Required)
- instrumentation: 2 years (Required)
- Ultrasonic Flow Meter: 2 years (Preferred)
- Oil & Gas Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Only full-time employees eligible