About The Role
The Process Engineer provides technical support to the manufacturing operations to assure that these operations meet planned objectives related to safety, quality, quantity and cost. The role is primarily responsible for providing process design recommendations for development of process improvements and capital projects, performing process optimization studies and plant trials, and performing Process Hazard Analysis reviews to meet Process Safety requirements. This role may also assist in mentoring junior engineers. This is a safety critical role.
Key activities include:
- Perform standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project.
- Select engineering technique to solve problems and make design recommendations.
- Participate as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment.
- Prepare documentation for assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership to a small group engineers and technicians.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
- With limited support, be able to apply a basic understanding of maintenance practices to assist in troubleshooting and improve equipment performance and reliability.
- Understand safety and environmental goals and objectives for the plant and department.
- Initiate improvement ideas and gain support in the organization to develop these into projects.
- Demonstrate continuous quality improvement to meet the customer needs and company objectives.
- Must adhere to the INEOS Pigments Process Safety & Behavioral Principles and Life Saving Rules.
You should possess:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a process engineer or similar engineering positioning in a manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the various unit operations including: chemical reactors, distillation, heat transfer, evaporation, drying, milling, filtration, pumping, fluid flow, material handling and support services. A background in TiCl4 and TiO2 manufacturing a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results individually and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering principles and knowledge to solve problems using creative solutions.
- Ability to lead larger process design scope development, evaluation, and design of new/existing chemical processes.
- Knowledge of statistical design and evaluation methods.
- Ability to use analytical processes (appraise a situation, develop supporting plans, make decisions, generate innovative ideas, analyse and troubleshoot operational problems)
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match.
Read about "EEO is the Law"