Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing and unmanned aerial vehicles.
The Quality Engineer assures that the assigned products meet all of the customer purchase orders, drawing and specifications regarding the manufacturing of the assigned hardware. Develop inspection standards, support and guide inspection, manufacturing and Engineering personnel. Perform quality audits, monitor processes, ensure root cause and effective corrective action is implemented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the engineers to develop the quality plans within our manufacturing work instructions, tool gage concepts review and approval and the First Article Inspection plans.
- Work closely with the shop and engineering regarding the disposition of non-conforming material, Source Inspection and SPC analysis where required.
- Provide the flow of the requirements to our suppliers.
- Provide the technical support to the shop as required.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Develop, define and initiate standards and methods of inspection
- Provide guidance to inspection, operators and Engineering to assure compliance to specifications, Customer requirements and Regulatory agencies
- Integrate with Engineering to ensure flow down of key characteristics, and to develop effective quality control plans
- Initiate and/or approve Quality Plans
- Provide training
- Review travelers for material, special processing requirements and manufacturability
- Drive assigned improvement projects
- Flow down Customer requirements to Purchasing
- Design and develop inspection fixtures, tools and gages
- Provide recommendations for improvement
- Perform Internal Audits
- Liaison between Customer and Supplier on quality issues
- Support and implement Supplier nonconformance investigations
- Assist in review and approval of work instructions.
- Provide Quality Clinic support
- Establish the sampling plans and over-inspection requirements to fulfill QMS requirements
- Develop quality plans for quality acceptance of parts
- Perform the root cause and corrective action system training
- Provide support to Value Stream Mapping process
- Provide Quality Assurance support of PFMEA
- Perform duties/responsibilities related to this position as assigned by the AQS
The job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in welding and Non-Destructive Testing
- Working knowledge of military, aerospace and defense specifications
- Through knowledge of manufacturing process and quality systems
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving experience
- BA/BS degree in technical discipline is preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 4-7+ years manufacturing and/or quality assurance experience in the preferred aerospace industry or manufacturing experience will be considered.
- Resourcefulness, motivational and leadership skills.
- Capable of mentoring employees.
- Ability to elicit a team environment with subordinates
- Drawings Interpretation and Geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Knowledge and experience with various machining operations, Quality Assurance systems, calibration and gauging
- Knowledge and experience in welding and Non-Destructive Testing a plus
- Knowledge and experience with quality and continuous improvement (SPC, control plans, problem solving and Root Cause Analysis)
- First piece layout inspection ability to perform
- Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility
- Machine capability analysis.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of all levels in the organization
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, acetone, alcohol, argon, braze alloys, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil based or water soluble lubricants and cleaning solutions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually middling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor
***Principals Only Please***