Responsible for tracking the daily cost of Kiewit's tunneling work. Daily cost includes recording and submitting the pay hours for each craft employee on shift. Tracking daily quantities of work completed for each operation in the tunnel on the shift. Writing the daily report that logs all work activities for the day. The daily report is the official as-built of what happened on the project that is submitted to the client. Mapping and recording the geologic features that are encountered in the tunnel. Quality control representative on shift. The third party checks to confirm that all work activities are being completed as detailed in the contract drawings. Responsible for safety during the shift.
- Bachelor's degree or the foreign equivalent in mining engineering, civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, construction management, or a closely related field.
- Must have 3 months post bachelor's mining experience.
- Experience must include: running Leica Tunnel Management Software (TMS) for survey layout in tunnel and as-building completed sections of tunnel; daily mapping of rock face using rock mass rating classification system to determine ground support requirements; design and Inspection of Temporary Structures & Construction Devices as per standards/regulations by OSHA; and must be certified to inspect/use Biomarin 240 Revolution used for underground mine rescue operation.
- 75% Travel to various client sites in the US
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.