The Software Engineer II’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of Patterson software requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Software Engineer II will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the development life cycle.
Collaborates with clients, developers and other team members in the conceptualization and development of new or existing software applications. Assists in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments. Helps research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users and stakeholders. Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as directed. Executes software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
Project Team Work:
Participates in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation. Performs program turnover to production support and customers upon completion of development, testing, and documentation.
Provides higher level support for incoming incident tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues. Partners with other engineers in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Maintains current technical knowledge and best practices and actively builds new skills. Provides ideas to help solve business and technical problems for the organization through technical expertise. Able to work across multiple platforms and applications and see interconnections with some guidance.
Uses time effectively to complete tasks in a thorough and timely manner. Focuses on most important items first. Maintains high levels of personal organization and works at high level of efficiency and rapid pace. Seeks out challenges and initiates action on issues even when scope is unclear. Maintains composure in times of stress.
Easily adapts to and models positive adoption of new methods and Company procedures. Responds to disruptions and organizational change as an opportunity for improvement. Receives feedback from peers, managers, and customers openly as a tool for growth.
Establishes rapport and is straightforward and approachable. Modifies personal style to work more effectively within a team. Listens effectively and uses language and examples appropriate to the audience. Maintains credibility by doing what he/she says he/she will do and taking responsibility for correcting mistakes. Speaks and writes in a clear and concise manner. Takes time to get to know others outside of his/her immediate functional area. Aligns personal goals to team and organizational goals.
Drives for results and puts in necessary effort to ensure work is completed on time. Creates visibility around progress toward key milestones. Identifies and removes barriers to task completion. Pushes through challenges and obstacles to achieve results. Continuously strives to raise personal standards of performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- 3-4 years of programming experience required. Should have prior experience within various platforms and languages, including: MS.NET, C#, and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Knowledge of all aspects of application development and project life cycles, including Agile and Scrum practices.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Extensive relational database and operating systems experience
- Fluency in object oriented programming and design
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Proficiency with office productivity tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must complete a basic OO programming exercise to our satisfaction prior to interview.
- Experience using source code management system GIT and SVN
- Knowledge of WCF, Web API, or ServiceStack
- Knowledge of Microsoft UWP, XAML, WPF, .Net, Xamarin, and C#
- Knowledge of MVVM
- Knowledge of Agile and SCRUM practices
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Understanding of corporate governance, business cases and return on investment concepts