We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and thats important.
We understand that the critical missions of tomorrow will be powered by todays future leaders. Come join our team building the art of the possible in St. Louis, Missouri, and get a head-start on your career in Data and Analytics. Be a part of a collaborative team solving some of our clients most complex issues, as a Junior Data Engineer (Big Data).
BIG DATA RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support data implementation including loading from disparate data sets, preprocessing using various systems
- Assist leads to scope and deliver various Big Data solutions
- Support the technical communication between internal teams
- Assist with the maintenance of production systems
- Collaborate with other development and research teams
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently pursuing an Associates, Bachelors, or Masters degree from a United States-based college or university with an IT related major (Computer Science, Data Engineering or equivalent)
- Desire to help build cloud-based platforms that allows easy development of new applications
- Desire to learn to design solutions based on high-level architecture
- Exposure to programming and back-end language (Java, J2EE, Core, etc.)
- Exposure to non-relational & relational databases (SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.)
- Exposure to big data frameworks (Spark, Hadoop ecosystem, etc.)
- Familiarity with various tools such as AWS, Mesos or Docker and an instinct for automation
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.