The Project Engineer designs equipment and develops processes for batch manufacturing chemicals and related products by performing the following duties
-Provides engineering and technical assistance as needed to support Production, R&D, Business Development and Pilot Plant:
- Provides technical input and calculations for regulatory and safety compliance
- Provides technical input for process improvement and development as well as facility improvement and maintenance
Specifically, the above are achieved by the following:
- Obtains knowledge of applicable environmental and safety regulations and best management practices
- Attains a considerable understanding of Boulder Scientific manufacturing and products, equipment and facilities
- Troubleshoots processes and systems for continual improvement. Assists plant personnel in the development and execution of corrective measures to processing issues
- Develops and implements ideas for reducing manufacturing costs, increasing manufacturing capacity, improving product quality to maintain or to increase profitability in operations.
- Demonstrates an on-going commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Provides training to operators on new or existing equipment and processes
- Defines and oversees the execution of projects from initial scope to completion including the following:
- Procurement of materials
- Specification and design of process systems such as vessels, piping and instrumentation
- Development of PFD’s, P&ID’s and General Arraignment Drawings
- Development and maintenance of documentation
- Interfaces with contractors, vendors and maintenance to ensure installation and completion of projects
May supervise operators, contractors, and maintenance employees as they relate to engineering projects.
Education and Experience:
Required - Bachelor's degree (B. S. Ch. E.)
Required - 1 to 3 years engineering experience with batch operations in specialty chemicals preferred.
Exceptional mechanical reasoning skills, and be reasonably familiar with the following batch processes: filtration, distillation, and batch reaction.
Competency in the following areas: thermodynamics, principles of distillation, process control, organic and inorganic chemistry, thermodynamics, mass transfer, materials of construction, equipment specification, Process Safety Management, and ASME code requirements
About Boulder Scientific Company
Boulder Scientific Company (BSC) is a specialty chemical manufacturer, internationally recognized as a leader in the field of organometallic and metallocene compounds with strong market position in polyolefin and electronic industries. We excel in developing custom and specialty products from laboratory to full scale manufacture through the innovation, expertise and commitment of our professional team. We have two locations approximately 40 miles north of Denver.
We are committed to a safe, healthy and productive work environment for all employees. All candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana testing) and all employees are subject to random drug testing throughout their careers at BSC.
BSC offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The positions are open to candidates with current authorization to work for any employer in the United States. Sponsorship of Visas or Permanent Residency applications is not provided by the company
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement