Miller Mechanical Specialties is a supplier and integrator of instrumentation and control systems to process industries in the Midwest, including ethanol, biodiesel, biochemical, water and waste water treatment, food and beverage, and corn and soy processing. We are a trusted advisor for solving their toughest process measurement and control challenges. Founded in 1952, we have since become a one-stop-shop for the highest quality instruments, valves, services and solutions. With a team of engineers spread across the Upper-Midwest we offer unrivaled responsiveness and a wealth of application expertise. We only have 30 employees but we are growing quickly, offering our team members many new opportunities for growth and development.
We are currently recruiting a Sales Associate. Tasks will include customer service, order entry, marketing, and sales data entry.
This job is in our inside sales department and involves responsibilities very similar to that of a bookkeeper, buyer and customer service representative. It is a very complex job, which is perfect for someone who has great attention to detail, thrives on a challenge and who wants to learn something new every day.
Applicants should provide a one-page resume and a one-page cover letter.
Successful completion of at least two years of college course work in business and/or bookkeeping.
Working out of our main office in downtown Des Moines.
Full Time,40 hrs. per week, salaried with paid holidays.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Respond to inbound customer calls and greet visitors in the office
- Working with customers and suppliers to ensure timely delivery, and resolution of issues
- Taking and entering complex orders, and sales data entry
- Assisting with execution of sales activities
- Travel to a small number of customer meetings and technical trainings*
- Sales or Customer Service experience preferred
- 2-year degree, or more preferred
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and phone skills
- Positive personality
- Team player
- Easy to work with
- Strong work ethic
- Dedication to customer satisfaction
- Highly organized
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize use of time
- Fast learner
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- References for demonstrating the above traits
MMS is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce.
For confidential consideration, please send your resume and cover letter on Indeed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift