Fasteners Unlimited is looking for a talented programmer/machinist to create secure and functional code using the OKUMA IGF Conversational programming on the control. Attention to detail and making sure parts are producing per print is what is required. These are not terribly difficult programs, however some parts can be challenging. We are mainly manufacturing nuts and bolts. The goal is to work privately and with others if needed to write programs on (Okuma's "quick code" conversational programming software "IGF") on the machine and manufacture the parts needed that day. We are a specialty CNC machine shop where we manufacture out of specialty materials to make nuts bolts washers and many other forms of machined parts. We work in tight tolerances and you will be responsible for 1-2 machines at a time. This is a very fast paced environment with high expectation of quality in the parts manufactured. We are a level one navy nuclear supplier so attention to detail and quality must come first.
- Keep a clean work area
- Use the given inspection sheet to compare the part to the print. use the machine and tools provided to manufacture the parts needed for each order you are given
- Program, prove out and manufacture orders complete
- Proven experience as a programmer or relevant role
- Detail-oriented and excellent concentration ability
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Ability to discover and fix errors in code
- Proficient skills in using measurement tools such as micrometers calipers, scales, Johnson Gage, gages, ect.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
We are currently operating on an employee freedom basis. Where each employee is encouraged to take the proper precautions they feel necessary to keep themselves safe. Masks are not mandatory.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Calipers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location