For more than 50 years, Silgan Plastics has defined the plastic bottling industry from technical innovation to creative packaging solutions. No matter what your packaging needs, Silgan can and will handle them. From creation to commercialization, our customized approach to each customer's requirements is what sets us apart from the rest.
The Automation and Downstream group is seeking an experienced Robotics Applications Engineer. This position will be responsible robotic packaging opportunities within our plants, EoAT design, robot and/or CoBot programming and training of plant personnel on robotic packaging systems implemented by the A&D group. The implementation of automated and/or robotics packaging systems to reduce the need for end of line personnel and the reduction of operational costs of a line are the focus of the department and its personnel.
- Identifying robot packaging
- End of Arm Tooling design
- Robot Programming
- Work flow optimizations to reduce pack labor.
- Maintain robotic related drawings and BOM’s
- Provide all technical documents, to include recommended spare parts and preventive maintenance schedule
- Support the design, improvement and fabrication of internally developed and purchased blow molding and auxiliary equipment.
This position requires travel within the continental United States but not limited to. The ideal candidate must have the ability to obtain a passport.
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Engineering Degree (i.e. Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical)
Required 3 - 5 years of experience:
- Programming any of the following industrial robots: Yaskawa, Fanuc, ABB, Kuka, Universal Robotics, etc.
- Deign EoAT using 3D modeling software (Autodesk Inventor or similar)
- Create 2D drawings, parts lists and BOM’s from 3D models (AutoCAD Mechanical or similar)
- Read, create and maintain single line diagrams and P&ID drawings
- Computer software: Microsoft Office, Project
LIMITATIONS & DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Silgan will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless doing so would cause undue hardship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Plastics is a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)