Position Title Mobile Mechanic Date Effective February 2021
Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor
Last Updated 2/24/2021
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Mobile Mechanic is responsible for mobile equipment and the plants. Keeping the mobile equipment fixed and the plants maintained in safe and efficient operating condition.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES | Maintenance
- Commitment to safety, along with adherence to GMA’s Life Saving Rules and GMA’s policies and procedures.
- Commitment to GMA’s core values of Care, Trust, Teamwork and Excellence.
- See that mobile equipment and fixed plant equipment is maintained in a safe and efficient operating condition.
- Report immediately to management any defective, hazardous, or potentially hazardous equipment that requires repairs or replacement outside the scope of routine maintenance.
- Workplace inspections, Take-5’s and JSA’s prior to commencing work.
- See daily mobile equipment safety checks are carried out by the relevant operators. Provide coaching and mentoring when necessary to ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders including managers, supervisors, engineers, workers, and external stakeholders including dealerships, equipment manufacturers in resolving issues related to mobile equipment.
- Ensure that inventories of critical spare parts and lubricants are maintained.
- Relay to management any suggestions, recommendations or ideas that may improve safety, quality, production, or work conditions. Support Supervisor in addressing their duties within the scope of your capabilities.
- Assist management with forward planning for the plant and equipment upgrades or replacement.
- Provide leadership and assistance during plant upgrades and additions.
- Aid and backup to the plant operators as required.
- Set a good example to other employees, particularly regarding safety and health.
- Take responsibility for your own health and safety as well as that of all your co-workers.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by your Supervisor and manager.
SKILLS AND SELECTION CRITERIA | RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge in Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) diagnostic software
- Able to communicate with tech/manufactures in troubleshooting problems.
- Read hydraulic, electrical schematics & test related components.
- Read hydraulic schematics & test related components.
- Prioritize workflow and understand overall company prioritization.
- Class B CDL or willing to obtain one soon.
SKILLS AND SELECTION CRITERIA | ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge and understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical motors, and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to prioritize work duties and manage time efficiently.
- Follow work instructions with minimum supervision.
- Systematic approach to maintenance planning and record keeping.
- Strong work ethic and sound judgement in all work performed.
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Shift work required with this position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum work expectations are 10- hour day shifts. Some work outside of these hours will be required.
- Frequently exposed to noisy conditions.
- Frequently exposed to dusty conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat and cold.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.70 - $29.56 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees and visitors are required to wear masks when with in 6 feet of other people. Employee Temperatures taken daily.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- "in the field": 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Class B CDL (Preferred)
- MS Office
- Diesel engines
- Mechanic experience
- Data entry
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place