The Microtel by Wyndham South Hill is now accepting applications/resumes for qualified Hotel Maintenance Personnel
PLACE OF WORK:
The entire premises including hotel property and detached facilities.
Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repairing of the hotel's mechanical/electrical systems, equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical property, FF/E, grounds, etc.
Internal: General Manager, Front Desk Staff, Housekeeping staff, and Director of Sales
External: Local business community, Hotel guests/visitors, suppliers, owners and corporate offices.
1. Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly.
2. Must be willing and able to comply with hotel policies and procedures including appearance and grooming, safety, security, key control and emergency procedure.
3. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
4. Willing and able to perform all duties pertinent to the job with or without reasonable accomodation
1. Must be knowledgeable in areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing and landscaping.
2. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment.
1. Must be willing and able to be responsible to complaints about maintenance.
2. Must be willing and able to pitch in and help co-workers with their job duties.
1. Exposure to the following chemical hazards: Pool chemicals including but not limited to muriatic acid and other acidic and alkaline chemicals which pose a hazard, Various Cleaning Chemicals,
2. Moderate exposure to seasonal elements such as heat or cold and wintry conditions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Treat guests in friendly manner.
2. Ensure maintenance/repair services level is maintained to include electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, heating and cooling, structural, facilities, ground and parking areas.
3. Ensures timely response to requests for service by guests, employees and management to include repair or replacement of all interior fixtures and furnishings.
4.Monitors the level and quality of services performed by outside contractors in accordance to all lease agreements, service contracts and warranties.
5. Maintains accurate records to include serial numbers of all equipment.
6. Ensures implementation of ongoing Preventive Maintenance program.
7. Maintains emergency procedures and equipment and assists with the implementation of all emergency procedures for the safety of all guests and employees.
8. Maintains a clean and orderly work area free of hazards.
9. Maintains adequate inventory of tools and supplies for maximum employee productivity.
10. Maintains departmental communications through the effective use of staff meetings log books, and bulletin boards.
11. Stays abreast of all technological advancements in the field.
12. Maintains the productivity and labor cost goals established by the General Manager.
13. Participates in new employee orientations by delivering an overview to the building and the Engineering/Maintenance department.
14. Maintains departmental communication.
15. Monitors and maintains a high level of cleanliness and maintenance. Conducts inspections, investigating complaints and implementing corrective actions.
16. Maintains the hotels Out of Order room program in conjunction with the General Manager to ensure revenue losses are kept to a minimum. Communicates accurate room status to the front office.
17. Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security and return of guest lost and found items.
18. Maintains standard procedures for security of on loan equipment.
19. Maintains security of room attendant keys, department keys and guest keys.
20. Maintains energy management practices, policies and procedures.
21. Acts as Manager of Duty as assigned by management.
22. Participates in other management programs as necessary.
23. Communicates continuously with the General Manager regarding deficiencies and ensures corrective action is taken.
24. Ensures timely response to requests for service by guests or employees and management.
25. Maintains personal contact with guests, clients and community.
26. Assists in implementation of Sales Plan
27. Assists in preparation of capital expenditure requirements and assists in the installation of those projects.
28. Maintain exterior grounds to assure cleanliness.
- Picking debris from parking lots.
- Sweeping along curbs and sweeping up leaves.
- Using the hose/power-washer to spray sidewalk and siding of building to maintain cleanliness.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the dumpster area on a daily basis.
- Maintaining all public areas when house person is unable.
30. Removing snow as needed and salting when necessary. Maintenance Engineer will need to arrive earlier on property to remove snow before guest checkout.
31. Daily and monthly reports given to manager in a timely manner.
32. Ensure indoor pool functions and is clean for guests. Learn all procedures for the care of pool.
33. Fitness Center - maintaining exercise equipment. (If applicable)
34. Reviews maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work assignments.
35. Plan and execute on-going appropriate maintenance programs
36. Solicit bids from contractors, evaluate the proposals and, once employed, ensure work is completed to specifications.
37. Coordinate with local health, safety, fire and building inspectors to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and regulations.
38. Maintain building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. snow removal, lawn care, painting)
39. Listen and respond to guests’ requests or complaints
The Dominion Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
- Property Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Hotel Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- South Hill, VA 23970 (Required)
- Drivers (Required)
- Electrical (Preferred)
- HVAC (Preferred)
- CPO (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible