Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
Publicis Sapient is looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join our team of bright thinkers and doers. You’ll use your problem-solving creativity to design, architect, and develop high-end technology solutions that solve our clients’ most complex and challenging problems across different industries. We are on a mission to transform the world, and you will be instrumental in shaping how we do it with your ideas, thoughts, and solutions.
The ideal candidate will develop quality software across banking product domains and is proficient with various Object-Oriented development tools and techniques. The individual should be highly experienced with Core Java development, Java Restful APIs, Gradle, Spring, Spring Boot, IBM Websphere MQ Series and related frameworks, possess good problem solving skills, and take ownership of items independently while tracking to closure. The candidate will liaise with global teams to understand requirements, develop high quality code and deliver projects. The position requires attention to detail, coupled with ownership, to ensure the delivery of high quality applications.
- Responsible for the hands on design and development of core Java applications.
- Perform the role as Agile Squad member developer as part of a Deposits Agile Squad/Fleet.
- Analyze user requirements, envision system features and functionality. Interface with global team of developers and business users.
- Produce proof of concept in the new areas of development.
- Ensure high quality of deliverables while enforcing development and security best practices
- Participate in design discussions and contribute to the architecture process.
Investigate production issues.
- Provide technical support for debugging web applications, database and assistance to production systems.
- The candidate will support continuous improvement of the automated systems.
- Participate in all aspects of SDLC (analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation)
Actively contribute and participate in design and architecture discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile Sprint planning sessions.
Your Skills & Experience
- Hands on professional experience using Core Java, Java Restful APIs, Gradle, Spring, Spring Boot, IBM Websphere MQ Series and related frameworks.
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed teams, that fall across different time zone
- Solid understanding and experience with Object-Oriented design and development
- Experience in building server-side applications using J2EE Technologies.
- Proficient with database technologies (preferably DB2), including modelling and performance tuning.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux environments.
- Experienced with JUnit, Test Driven Development (TDD) using Concordion framework, and Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber and Gherkin.
- Competency with source control (preferably Git) and Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Practiced understanding of Agile development methodologies & understanding of DevOps Integration
- Strong familiarity with Agile software/tools (e.g., JIRA, etc.).
- The ability to write reusable, optimized, maintainable code that is well documented and follows industry-standard best practices
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication and presentation skills: ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, across all stakeholder groups and with staff from junior to senior levels
Benefits of Working Here
- Flexible vacation policy; time is not limited, allocated, or accrued
- 15 paid holidays throughout the year
- Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate gift matching program
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.