We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Mechanical Design Team in the development of a new generation of leading-edge, high speed, automated manufacturing equipment. Working in a team environment, this highly collaborative role includes mechanical design of high speed machinery through 3D solid modelling with Solidworks™ and includes design and selection of suitable commercial components (gears, sprockets, bearings), machine simulations and stress analysis
- Preparation of overall machine design concepts for custom designed special purpose equipment and systems.
- Detailed machine design including preparation of machine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Sourcing & specification of mechanical commercial components pertaining to designs.
- Preparation of Mechanical Bill’s of Material and systems documentation.
- Assist with Drawing file system administration, project documentation
- Liaison between engineering and manufacturing departments
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Equivalent.
- 5 – 10 years of design experience in a custom machine building environment.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Extensive experience with Solidworks™ in a machine design capacity.
- Familiarity with PDM document management system.
- Good communications ability
- Good general computer literacy
- Familiarity with modern machine controls including Programmable Controllers
- Understanding of pneumatics and pneumatic controls.
- International travel and eligibility for work authorization in regions including but not limited to the US, Germany, and other international sites is required.