Our Sonar Engineering team is seeking dependable individuals adept at working in a collaborative, interdisciplinaryenvironment and are interested in expanding their horizons. Our Sonar Innovation Lab needs someone with advancedskills in underwater transducer design, fabrication and test. This individual will be accustomed to leveraging FEAmultiphysics simulation tools, Matlab signal processing and acoustic test facilities as well as operate as an integral part ofthe design and implementation process.
This individual will be responsible for continuing the development and focused application of our ?SAS™ product line, afully embedded, interferometric, synthetic aperture sonar (SAS) boasting very low SWaP and real time beamforming.
Additional responsibilities will involve supporting legacy SONAR systems, leading troubleshooting, repair, manufactureand designing system upgrades. The ideal candidate will quickly become a key contributor to internal and customerfunded R&D efforts pushing underwater transducer technology forward by incorporating the latest industry advances inmaterials and processing techniques.
Tasks will included guiding existing technology into adjacent opportunities and continuing to improve the performance ofthe SONAR product lines. Individual will also ensure integrated designs are ready for manufacture, for engineering followthrough production addressing issues that arise within cost and schedule constraints, and for factory acceptance testing(FAT), both bench-level and within an Acoustic Test Facility. Once through FAT, this individual may be asked to travel toparticipate in field integration and characterization testing. Familiarity with sonar/sensor data analysis and interpretation ofdata against requirements is encouraged.
This position will be located at our Annapolis, MD facility.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Be majoring in or having majored in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical or Materials Engineering with coursework inUnderwater Acousticsor other MS identified technical degree.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Experience designing, fabricating and testing underwater transducers
- Fundamental Electrical or Mechanical design experience
- Design experience using 3D modeling tools
- Use FEA Multiphysics simulation as an integral part of the design process
- System performance modeling and signal processing using MATLAB
- Experience in custom piezoelectric transducer design
- Design, production, test and deployment experience with tactical SONAR systems preferred.
- Expertise in system modeling, array and transducer multi-physics FEA simulations and performance predictions.
- Skilled in component and system design using Siemens NX
- Advanced skills in ANSYS or COMSOL Multiphysics FEA Systems
- Active or Current Secret or Top Secret Clearance (w/SSBI and Poly)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.