We arewww.Insight.com (NSIT).
As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow.
From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
- Microsoft Worldwide AI Partner of the Year, 2018
- Microsoft Worldwide Modern Desktop Partner of the Year, 2018
- Microsoft US Partner Award for Intelligent Cloud - Application Innovation, 2019
- Microsoft US Azure Team Partner Choice Award - Data and Artificial Intelligence, 2019__
Our Insight Digital Innovation team is searching for an experienced, passionate and professional Data Engineer to join our team.
You’ll utilize the most cutting edge technology such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, big data, IoT, and azure. Here you will have practical, hands-on knowledge of modern data architectures and tools such as data warehousing, ETL/ELT, analytics, and the Azure cloud platform. You should be driven to provide quality solutions to challenging problems. You will work closely with client stakeholders and an award-winning team of engineers, architects and thought leaders to design, build and implement next-generation solutions in advanced analytics, Big Data, BI and the cloud.
What you’ll do at Insight:
· You will build enterprise-grade data solutions for a variety of external clients.
· Design and code solutions to tough data challenges and provide feedback on others’ work.
· Work directly with client stakeholders to develop technical solutions for business cases.
· Aggressively grow your skillset and expertise to meet the emerging needs of our clients.
What you’ll need to join Insight:
· 4+ years of experience working with data and data analytics development within the Microsoft data platform and an excellent grasp of some of following technologies:
o SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, and Azure SQL Data Warehouse
o Power BI
o Analysis Services and DAX
o Reporting Services
o Integration Services
o Azure Data Factory
o PowerShell scripting
o Azure Automation
· 2 year of experience in some of the following:
o Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or HDInsight, Hive, Pig, Python, Spark, Oozie, or any of the other tools with the Hadoop ecosystem
o Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Lake Analytics
o Predictive analytics: R, Azure Machine Learning
· Strong analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear technical execution.
· Skill at translating requirements into clean, efficient, quality code
· Proven ability to prioritize, self-direct and execute at velocity
· Passion to deliver craftsman-quality work both individually and as part of a team
· Solid communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Desire to learn new skills and grow competencies
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· Requires travel to Chicago Area client sites (local only).
In the News
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $97,896.00 - $175,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Restricted travel and some positions are 100% remote
- AI: 3 years (Preferred)
- Power BI: 3 years (Required)
- Spark: 3 years (Required)
- R: 3 years (Preferred)
- Hadoop: 3 years (Required)
- Azure: 4 years (Required)
- Databricks: 3 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible