Heat Treating Services Corporation of America (HTS) is a family-owned and operated company founded in 1978. We are a pro-active and innovative organization committed to providing world-class quality and on-time delivery. As part of our commitment to superior customer service, we have continued to expand by installing furnaces and acquiring facilities to meet specific customer requirements. We are capable of processing 84 million pounds per month.
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic is a valuable member of the maintenance department front line whose tasks are a critical component to the successful operation of the Company. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who is committed to be an integral part of the team and motivated by a challenging work environment where there is potential for growth and advancement.
Hourly commensurate with experience. Status: Full-time, 40 hours per week. Overtime is required. Multiple shifts are available; Sunday through Saturday. Must be available to work weekends.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, insurance benefit options will be offered on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. You will receive paid holidays after six months, and a paid time off (PTO) accrual based on hours worked. You will have the opportunity to participate in both our Flexible Spending Account and our 401k plan (with a great company match). Not only can you request tuition reimbursement for yourself but we offer a paid Associates's Degree at a local community college for up to two (2) of your children. Additional educational trainings and opportunities are also available. Excellent potential for growth and a great work atmosphere.
The most important qualifications the right individual will possess are a strong work ethic, strong leadership qualities, including excellent communication skills and a personable and positive attitude. The ability to problem-solve and acquire the knowledge needed to make the repair is essential. Attention to detail and willingness to continually learn and train is critical. This is a manufacturing environment, which means you will be expected to engage with your team consistently throughout your shift while exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures. You will also be on your feet for most of the day. The maintenance technician must be flexible. Controlled change is constant and the willingness and ability to adapt is essential.
Also, you must be:
- Hard-working and dependable
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible and ready to do whatever needs to get done, in your department or in another area if necessary
- Must pass a drug screening, physical examination and background check
- The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED
- Mechanical, welding/fabricating, electrical, and hydraulic/pneumatic.
- Ability to operate fork truck and aerial man lifts
- Must have own tools to complete repairs
- Heat Treat, automotive, or aerospace experience is preferred but not required.
- You must have U.S. citizenship or residency.
- Proficient in the following trade skills:
- Welding and Fabrication
- Hydraulic, pneumatic systems
- Repairing breakdowns as required with proper documentation.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all maintenance per work order instructions.
- Complete Problem log sheets, Maintenance repair tags, and other required maintenance records.
- Receive and pass on information to previous and post-shift personnel verbally using information whiteboards.
- Get assignment from Lead Industrial Maintenance Mechanic.
- If assigned complete daily “EQUIPMENT INSPECTION” to look for signs of possible failure, safety violations, or areas to be cleaned.
- Assist in training other Industrial Maintenance Mechanics and Operators on procedures and equipment operation.
- Perform locks out/tag out, confined space, and hot work permits as required.
- General Housekeeping - Clean up tools and areas of work after yourself and others.
- The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the equipment and plant buildings.
- They will understand the operation of the equipment to maintain and increase the efficiency of the equipment.
- Continual training and teaching in different areas of trade skills and the equipment sequences will allow the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to perform their duties successfully.
- Problem-solving, attention to detail and time management is critical for finding the best repair solution.
- Verbal or written communication skills and teamwork are necessary when interacting with all other company personnel.
- Safety is for life and technicians will perform all safety procedures and attend training to further their knowledge.
- If directed perform operator duties such as:
- Load or unload furnaces
- Sort or stack parts \* Any and all other duties assigned.
Interaction: Primary interaction will be with Plant Engineer and other Industrial Maintenance Mechanics. Secondary interaction will be with Corporate Engineering Manager, Corporate Engineering Assistant, Plant Managers, General Manager, Shift Managers, lab personnel, operators, and contractors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Millwright: 1 year (Preferred)
- Conveyor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Foreman: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location