Process Engineer - Helmets (Temporary)
Purpose of Position:
Provide ongoing technical support for helmet production as well as new helmet programs
Background & Skills:Basic Qualifications:
- Responsible for performing and guiding technical activities resulting from approved self-initiated or assigned manufacturing programs
- Utilizes statistical techniques for monitoring and improving manufacturing processes
- Initiates, identifies, recommends, and oversees programs in the manufacturing area of responsibility to improve product cost, service, and quality while ensuring process safety and health/environmental impact
- Expected to have awareness of implications of intellectual property on the processes and understanding of ITAR/Export Control Compliance
- Responsible to actively participate in and lead project planning efforts
- Participates in the implementation of change for future direction
- Provide leadership to implement innovative applications and advance technologies
- Leads cross-functional teams through Lean Six Sigma Continuous Improvement efforts and supports lean process activities
- Negotiate project recommendations and implementation with business partners
- Responsible to follow and promote corporate business conduct, safety, health, and environmental policies and practices, including Engineering guidelines, standards and specifications
- Coordinate plant safety, OSHA, and environmental concerns following Avon EHS Guidelines
- Lead and/or support the implementation of new manufacturing technologies and new products at the site
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Experience in implementing Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Project Management experience
- Controls experience
- Composite manufacturing experience
- Experience with Molding Presses
- Experience with 3D modeling and design of equipment, and fixtures
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within Avon that may present access to export controlled technical data, Avon must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at Avon's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability